Pamela

Ann's POV.

I looked outside the car window. The road was dark ahead. Tall pines trees passed us in a blur. The weather was cold and windy. The uneasiness of the dark woods never faded, surrounding us with an uncanny mist. The occasional hooting of the owl and the sound of the graveled muddy road against the tires made it creepier. I pulled my jacket close to me trying to keep myself warm. Miss. Dutta was driving, her view fixed on the road ahead. I saw Lilly asleep in the back seat, she must be tired, I thought as I leaned on my seat. As we went on suddenly something or rather someone came up in front of our car.

Ridhima lost the balance of the car and was about to hit a tree when I turned her wheels and brought the car back on the road. She hit the brakes and we came to a sudden screeching halt. Both of us sighed a heavy relief. Lilly was completely startled sitting shocked at the back of the car. 

"Sorry Lilly!" We both spoke in unison, breathing heavily. I could hear my heart beating loudly against my chest because of the sudden revelation. Taking a deep breath I tried to calm down.

"What happened?" Lilly asked, her sweet silvery voice sounded a little heavy and scared.

"There was someone!" Miss. Dutta replied as we both looked back at the road to find someone lying on the graveled path.

"Shit! Did I hit her?" Ridhima asked confused and worried, she was completely panicking "my job is so gone!" 

"Don't worry, you haven't hit her!" I replied, trying to console her. I know she hasn't hit the girl we saw in front of us. She tried to save her and so we lost the balance of the car and were about to hit the trees. 

"Let's go check, I hope she got a pulse!" Ridhima said, her voice terrified as she took out the torch from her bag, "and we need to take her to the hospital as well", she spoke as she walked out of the car. I took my torch, it was actually Pihu's, and walked out of the car to follow her. It was so cold, freezing wind blew past us making us shiver.

Lilly sat at the back of the car looking in our direction. The road was completely uninhabited and dark. There was no one except us. The huge trees around us formed a dense canopy over us. It made me feel agitated giving me goosebumps. 

"Don't go...RUN!" I heard a very familiar faint whisper lingering in the air. It was a very familiar voice like I have heard it somewhere before. My eyes widen in shock when I realized it was Nidhi's voice warning me. 

"Ridhima do go near her!" Immediately I screamed, looking at Ridhima. She turned around in my direction, a look of confusion on her face.

"But why? I'm a cop, it's my duty to help people. Here is a girl lying on the road probably due to me and you are asking me-" Suddenly she was cut off in between her sentence by a hard blow on her back. She screamed. I screamed.

Ridhima fell on the ground, crouching in pain. 

"Ridhima!" I screamed as I ran towards her but I stood dead in my track as I saw the girl behind her. Her sinister black eyes brought a shiver down my spine.   

The girl on the road was no longer there, she stood behind Ridhima. Her long hair covering half of her grim face, her eyes were black as coal, so void and sinister. 

"P...Pam?" I whispered in confusion, my eyes went wide seeing her eldritch appearance. Yes, it was her. But she looked so creepy and I knew why. She was definitely possessed. She looked so pale and skinny. Ridhima took time to recover from her pain but as she got up she immediately hit Pam trying to run away. 

"Ann get in the car!" She screamed as she tried running towards the car but Pam got hold of her hair amidst the fog and pulled her back, into the uncanny mist causing her to scream in pain.