Who is Nidhi?

Siddharth's POV

It has been more than an hour since the doctors have taken Ann inside the Emergency Ward. She had a huge blood loss. Her sister was already shifted to the ICU. Her condition was really critical.

While sitting in the waiting arena all I could think was about Ann. Her smile, her beautiful bright eyes as she looked at me, the way we used to laugh and had fun. But then the sight of her blood-stained lifeless body flashed before my eyes, leaving me devastated. 

I have so many memories of her. I wanted to make so many more. Please don't leave me with your memories only, please!  I begged, my hands were folded in a prayer stance as I held the head low. I realized warm tears were rolling down my cheeks as I sat on a chair in the almost empty waiting hall. A soft sob escaped my lips, although I was trying hard not to break down. I reached for my handkerchief in the pocket of my leather jacket but then I felt something rough, like a crumpled paper inside. I took it out and saw a paper bag. There was a beautiful bracelet made of beads wrapped in it.

I sniveled as I recalled when I got this for Ann from that boy who came to my house the other day, but I couldn't give it to her. Will she ever wake up? Will she again smile at me? Would I ever be able to tie this bracelet around her wrist? I wondered when a sudden surge of overwhelming pain and sorrow rushed in me. The thought of losing her left me in tears. I buried my face in the palm of my hands, trying hard not to let my sobs escape out. Ahh... I miss her so much..! I miss you, AnnPlease just come back... Don't leave me...please...I will do anything...but please don't die, don't become a memory, please be with me...

"Hey... Sid!" I heard my brother calling me, as he placed his hand on my shoulder softly nudging me. He sat beside me on the cold chair. I rubbed the tears off my cheeks and lift my head to meet his worried eyes.  

"Hey," I replied, my voice was hoarse from all the crying. 

"Sid, umm... Ann-" I knew he was about to say something bad, it was reflecting in his eyes, I was not ready to hear it. I looked down at my hand trying to hide my tears from him. Please don't say she is gone...Please! I prayed. 

"Sid! Listen to me brother! I know this is devastating, and I wish I could have brought better news to you but sometimes things don't happen as we hope they to be!" he spoke hesitantly, "I pray she comes back, nothing happens to her but you know...- "  

"Know what ?" I asked, my voice was angry, my eyebrows bumped together in a scowl, stop losing hope brother, I screamed in my head wanted to tell him to hold on, but my vision started becoming blurred due to tears. I was afraid to hear what he would possibly say.

"You know the doctors said... she has lost a lot of blood. Her condition is really very critical! They are shifting her to the ICU, if her condition doesn't improve soon they will have to shift her to coma." he said while placing his hand on my shoulder. His words felt like a dagger through my heart, an unyielding reality that is slowly crushing me beneath. I felt like my world was crumbling down in front of me. My hopes and dreams shattered. I don't know when tears made their way down my cheeks. I was at a loss for words. I couldn't hear what my brother said further seeing my devastating condition. I felt like everything has come to an end.