V

Hermione and Ron left the potions room miserably.

"Wait!" Harry called after them running. He caught a glance of Hermione's scowl, "what's wrong?" He asked confused.

"Nothing." Snapped Hermione and walked away towards Ernie who was also glaring at Harry.

Harry was completely confused, "what's going on?"

Ron who wasn't as angry as Hermione answered in a hushed voice, "what's it always?" He said gesturing towards Harry's books wrapped in his arms.

"What? The book again! When will you give me a break?"

"Hey! Don't blame me it's Hermione who has the problem," he laughed, "You should have seen her face when Professor Slughorn called you and Malfoy's  potion 'perfect', her one got completely ruined when she added to much of the pixie hair."

Harry groaned, he was sick of Hermione's hate towards the book that had helped him out so much. He opened his mouth to mention how he would never become an Auror without it but Ron got there first.

"So, what happened with Malfoy? I heard him yell out about something but I didn't see what happened."

Harry felt grow hot at the mention of Draco. "Oh, nothing really, just you know, I wanted to add something to improve it and Drac- Malfoy didn't want me to." 

For the second time today and to Harry's annoyance, Ron interrupted his thoughts.

"What a stupid git! He should know that you're ten times better than he is. "

Harry flinched at the insult directed towards Draco and had to remind himself that he hated him. Harry gave a stiff nod, "Thanks."

"What's up?" Asked Ron frowning.

"Nothing, what are you talking about?"

"You look angry."

"No I'm not," Harry gave a weak smile, "see?"

Ron grinned and grabbed Harry's arm, "What would you say to some Quidditch practice?"

"Sure, but dinner first, I'm starving."

****

Thankfully Hermione's bad mood was partically over by the time Ron and Harry were in the Great hall, however she was still angry about the prince.

"It's basically cheating Harry!"

"Give 'im a break 'ermione," said Ron through a mouthful of chicken, he swallowed, "you're just jealous."

"I am not!" Said Hermione and started to eat her salad.

"Liar," muttered Ron under his breath.

Harry's eyes began to wander over to the Slytherin table again, he was disappointed when Draco's back was turned to him so he couldn't see his face.

Suddenly Draco's head whipped around and his eyes landed on Harry's.

Harry turned his head and faced Ron, for what seemed like the one hundredth time his face grew red. Had Draco seen him? Harry's body had completely turned around, it would have been obvious he was staring at Draco.

What if Snape had taught Draco to look into minds like he was trying to teach Harry last year, and Draco had seen everything?

Harry heard a laugh behind coming from the Slytherin table, was it Draco telling everyone about Harry's thoughts?

"Oi, Harry!" Said Ron waving a chicken leg in front of Harry's face. "What's up with you today?"

Harry shook his head, "I don't know, want to go to the Quidditch pitch now?"

Ron eyed the steaming plate of apple pie, "okay..." He said though he sounded like he didn't want to. That makes two of us thought Harry.

Harry and Ron walked out the castle without exchanging any words, Harry wasn't angry with Ron, he just was in no mood to talk or play Quidditch or do anything if Draco wasn't there.

****

The Quidditch practice went worse than Harry expected.

Harry hit another Quaffle at the goals and Ron didn't even come close to touching it. It seemed like their excellent performance yesterday had drained everything out of them.

"There's no use," sighed Ron flying towards the ground and jumping swiftly of his broom. Harry agreed and they walked off the pitch feeling hopeless. That was when three familiar voices came from the stand.

"Excellent save Weasley, you were so close, maybe try going in the right direction next time?" shouted Pansy and then followed by giggles from Crabbe and Goyle who must have been spying while Harry and Ron practiced.

"At least I made the team by beating everyone else not because my Dad and the captains Dad run around in masks together," Ron shot back. Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy walked forward so they were only a few meters away from Harry and Ron.

Crabbe rolled up his sleeves and Goyle cracked his knuckles, it was something Harry would have found threatening a couple of years ago but now it just looked pathetic.

Harry smirked, "Crack your knuckles all you want, you'll still be as stupid as a monkey"

Ron laughed, "No need to be mean Harry you can compare something so intelligent to these two."

As soon as Crabbe and Goyle realized what Ron had said ( which took them three times longer than the average person) they lunged forwards, but in a flash Harry pointed his want towards Crabbe and thought levicorpus and in and instant Crabbe shot up in the air, dangling by his toe. Ron had used another spell from the prince's book to make long, curly hairs sprout out of Goyle's nose and ears at alarming rates.

Pansy shrieked and pointed her wand at Harry but Ron and Harry both cast their spells more quickly so Pansy was growing a beard while her legs danced a mad Irish jig.

Roaring with laughter Ron and Harry made their way back to the common room.

"Did you see Goyles face when he realized what you had said?" Said Ron between their laughing fits.

"And stupid Pansy, we got her before she even said anything, all that work last year really paid off."

Ron and Harry burst out laughing again. Suddenly Ron's face grew serious, "but what if we get expelled, they're bound to tell Snape."

Harry shrugged, he hadn't felt this good in days and he wasn't letting Snape spoil it. "Let them, I doubt Dumbledore will expel us."

"Mr Potter, there you are, come with me." Came Mrs McGonagoll's stern voice from behind them.

Harry turned around and felt he good mood slowly deteriorate.

Do you know how hard it is to write a roasting session without swearing god damn