XIII

Ok that fan art is hot af, like wow look at Draco's smug lil face and just, yas bitch

Harry's POV

Harry reached over and grabbed the huge bowl of steaming potatoes. He then proceeded to pile them on his plate despite the feeling he contained to release all the previous food he had consumed that day.

Today was Tuesday, which also happened to be the day Draco was meeting him in the prefect bathroom for the second time. And it was also two days after Draco's and Harry's unexpected hug that Harry had spent the last two day's pondering over.

Harry was glad that Ron and Hermione hadn't joined him for dinner, as they couldn't comment on the rosy blush on Harry's cheeks. Instead they had mysteriously not appeared at the grand hall this evening and Harry had a suspicion that they were doing something people more than friends did, due to their strange behaviour the past few days. It gave Harry a kind of left out, lonely feeling that they hadn't told him what they were doing or at least informed him they weren't coming to dinner. Regardless, Harry was happy for them, he would choose this over bickering any day.

"Hullo Harry." Came the familiar, dreamy voice of Luna Lovegood from behind him.

"Oh, hey Luna"
She had her usual blonde hair brushed back in a messy braid and her wand tucked behind a radishy ear along with her Ravenclaw robes, splattered with paint.

"Do you mind?" Luna gestured towards the vacant space alongside Harry were Ron usually sat.

"Of course not." Harry slid over a bit, allowing more room for Luna to sit and place her plate of food on the long wooden table. Harry wasn't sure if the students from different houses were allowed to sit at other tables, Luna's act certainly earned a few curious stares but no one seemed to object.

Harry stabbed one of his potatoes and winced at the squeaky sound that resulted from his fork scraping against his plate. "I like your hair style" Harry said awkwardly with a clearance  of his throat.

"Thank You, Ginny did it actually." Luna hummed, "are Hermione and Ron not coming to dinner?"

"I suppose not." Harry coughed, his eyes watering from the burning potato he just shoved in his mouth.

Luna nodded her head and spooned a mouthful of mashed potato in her mouth humming an unknown tune.

"How has your day been then, Luna?"

"Quite splendid actually, my father told me that we are going on a trip over Christmas to the Mackenzie mountains, to search for the wobblepuck tree rat. There's been sightings of them you know"

[I made that shitty name up ok I'm sorry]

Harry was used to Luna's believing of strange, most likely inexistent magical creatures. "Well that's far more exciting than my Christmas plans."

"What are they?"  Luna glanced up at Harry with her round eyes.

"Just hanging around, dinner, maybe a snowball fight, [banging Malfoy ]. Maybe I'll go to Ron's, but that's unlikely with everything going on."

Harry drunk deeply from his glass of pumpkin juice as Luna nodded.

"I saw you hug Draco on Sunday" Luna commented unexpectedly, catching Harry of guard and making him spit out his drink.