Chapter 18: It's Alright

She entered the elevator and returned to the office. She entered only to see Sasuke looking at her with amusement. "Of all things you can throw, why your shoe?" Sasuke asked, monotonously. "Don't complain I don't have anything at hand!" Sakura said, pouting. "So you'll throw anything at foot?" Sasuke asked, raising an eyebrow. "Ha-ha, boss. Very funny." Sakura said, rolling her eyes at the pun as she put her shoes on. "Just call me Sasuke when we're alone or with some friends." Sasuke said. "Sure thing, Sasuke." Sakura said grinning.

A few weeks later....

"A ball?" Sakura asked, raising an eyebrow. "Yes, now invite the love of your life and have fun. Chill for a while." Shisui said, grinning as he sat in Sasuke's chair. Sakura sighed and got back to work. "Not like I have a love of my life." Sakura murmured to herself.

"Well try askin' Sasuke or Itachi." Shisui said. "Nah, I'm sure Sasuke will invite Karin and Itachi will probably go with his girlfriend. I just won't attend." Sakura said. "Itachi doesn't have a girlfriend." Shisui said, giving her the puppy eyes. "I might have an appointment on that day too, you know?" Sakura said. "I don't care!" Shisui said, still giving her the puppy eyes.

"Fine, I'll try asking Itachi." Sakura said, epically failing on resisting his puppy eyes. "Yay! I'm sure Itachi will accept!" Shisui said, grinning like a maniac." Sakura sighed and got back to work. "He'll accept what?" Kisame said, entering the office. "To be Sakura's partner." Shisui said, making Sakura twitch. "Why not Sasuke?" He asked. "Cause she said that Sasuke will surely bring Karin." Shisui said, playing with Sakura's pen.

"I've never seen Itachi dance before, but if it's you then I guess that won't be a problem." Kisame said, grinning. "Well, the ball is within a month, so take your time." Shisui said, smiling as he stood up.

That Night...

Sakura walked in a convenience store. Sahe was picking chips, until her eyes were laid upon a red haired woman. "Karin?" She whispered to herself. Her eyes fell over to the guy she was talking to. It was her ex. Her eyes dilated as she saw Karin glaring fiercely at her ex. She silently got out of the store and heard series of shouts.

The guy glared at her and pulled her by her collar. "I know that you know where she is. Now, f**king tell me you b**ch!" He shouted, pulling a fist. "I don't know! I really don't know!" Karin shouted, shutting her eyes as she awaited the impact.

"I think you are looking for me." Sakura said as she pulled the arm of the guy, making the guy let go of Karin. Sakura shielded Karin from the guy, making Karin look at her in shock. "Oh, honey I missed you." The guy said taking a step forward. "Take another step and I'll break every bone from your body." Sakura said, glaring at the guy. "Karin, run. This is going to get bad for both of us, so it's best if you run now." Sakura whispered to Karin. Karin nodded and stood up, running as fast as she can.

The guy chuckled and said, "Fiesty as always, I loved that about you. Can you go back to me?" "Like hell I will." Sakura said, glaring. "I'll be taking you by force then." He said as he took a hold of Sakura's arm. He turned Sakura and pulled out a knife. "Now this doesn't have to get ugly, just go back to me, sweetcheeks." He whispered as he held the knife on Sakura's neck. "No." She said, feeling the blade on her neck.

She shut her eyes, waiting for pain, but it never came. She opened her eyes as she felt the guy's body go limp. "What?" She asked herself, she turned and saw Sasuke still in a position of knocking someone out. "Sakura." He said monotonously. "Sasuke, how?" Sakura asked. "Karin." He answered. Sakura held her tears but failed. She ran and hugged Sasuke, shaking from the fear that she tried to hide. "It's alright now." Sasuke said, caressing her hair as he tried to comfort her.

To Be Continued...