Chapter 19: Farewell

She shut her eyes, waiting for pain, but it never came. She opened her eyes as she felt the guy's body go limp. "What?" She asked herself, she turned and saw Sasuke still in a position of knocking someone out. "Sakura." He said monotonously. "Sasuke, how?" Sakura asked. "Karin." He answered. Sakura held her tears but failed. She ran and hugged Sasuke, shaking from the fear that she tried to hide. "It's alright now." Sasuke said, caressing her hair as he tried to comfort her.

"I'll take you home." Sasuke said, showing her his back. "Ride on my back, I know you can't walk with shaky knees." He said, smirking. "You jerk." Sakura said, getting on his back. Sasuke got up and walked towards Sakura's apartment. "Thank you." Sakura whispered, taking in Sasuke's warmth as she fall asleep. "Hn." Sasuke said.

Karin watched from afar, smiling. "My job is done, Mikoto-san, Fugaku-san. Sasuke finally fell for someone." She whispered to herself as she started walking away. "I'll be going home now." She said, her smile not leaving her face.

The following day, Sakura woke up and found herself staring at the ceiling of her room. "How did I--? Oh yeah, Sasuke." She told herself. She sat up and saw that her clothes were different. "H-he changed my clothes." Sakura said, twitching. She got up and got ready for work.

On her way to the building she bumped onto Karin. "Sakura." Karin called out, making Sakura turn. "Karin? I'm glad you're alright." Sakura said, smiling. "Take care of Sasuke in my place alright?" Karin said, grinning. "Wait, where are you going?" Sakura asked, confusion filling her eyes. "I'll be going back home to my brother. My work here is done." She said, smiling.

"Brother? Work?" Sakura asked. "Yeah I have a brother. But as for my work, that's for me to know and for you to find out." Karin said, winking as she started walking away. "Wait! Wha--" Sakura was cut off when Karin said, "Save that question for when we meet again. Farewell, Sakura. I hope we become good friends in the future." With that Karin disappeared from Sakura's sight.

Sakura sighed and returned to her journey towards the building. "Mornin' Sakura, off to work?" Kisame asked, suddenly appearing beside her. "Yeah, you?" Sakura asked. "Nah, 'tachi said I should take a day off. He was nagging about me not resting well lately." Kisame said, twitching. "Aww, Itachi's such a mom." Sakura said, laughing.

"I know right. But at least he cares." Kisame said, smiling. "Yeah. Well I'm going to be late, see ya." Sakura said, walking away. "Have a nice day!" Kisame said as he went on his own way, yet again. Sakura went in the building and was greeted by very busy people all around.

"Woah, watch your step Sakura, you might get ran over by a hippo." Shisui said, grinning as he pulled Sakura from getting bumped on by a person running with stacks on his hands. "Thanks. What's with today?" Sakura asked, looking around. "The Nara corp and the Uzumaki corp have agreed to be one of our most valuable clients." Shisui said, grinning. "So people here are readying for the paper works." He continued.

"Oh, by the way, Sasuke was looking for you. He said he has something for you. See ya." Shisui said, grinning as he walked off. "What could it be?" Sakura asked herself as she entered the elevator. "Sakura, where were you?" Sasuke asked as he saw Sakura enter. "Erm...home?" Sakura asked with confusion in her eyes.

Sasuke merely sighed and pulled a box out of his drawer. "Here." Sasuke said. "It's thanks for fixing things up between me and my brother." He continued. "What's this?" Sakura asked as she took the box from his hand. "Open it." Sasuke said as he rested his chin on his hand. Sakura did as she was told. Her eyes widened at this.

To Be Continued...