Chapter Twelve

Two in one day

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The days passed without any issues. Zak was still Zak; he acted perfectly normal, which made me uncomfortable. How can he be so calm after what happened. Carver and I started to talk some more and he even got my number. He'd been walking me to gym class after music for the past two days. He's pretty funny and he likes to show off a lot. But no matter what, even he can't stop me from thinking about Zak. That kiss was perfection and it scared me thinking I wouldn't be able to feel it again.

Friday morning came up quick and we were all at the school loading into the bus. It was about five hours until we reach Miami.

Cara and I climbed into the bus to find Carver and Andrew holding spots for us. We hurried down and I slid in beside Carver. We laughed and joked all the way down there. Zak looked like he was having a pretty rough time; Ms. Simpson was all over him. It was kind of amusing but made my jealous side come out. Carver did a fine job distracting me though.

When we arrived at our hotel, we had about two hours before dinner was called. I roomed with Cara and we decided on going all out for our fancy dinner tonight. We took turns in the shower and straighten our hair out to perfection. Well until I decided that I wanted curl to my hair.

I stepped into a semi long dark khaki colored dress that had flowy brown material covering it and a cream colored ribbon tied underneath my chest. I finally picked some cream colored heels to wear with it. I felt very covered as Cara decided on a red dress that hugged her body like a glove. She pulled it off amazingly, Andrew is going to flip.

We made our way down to the five star restaurant connected to our hotel and saw little groups of our classmates standing around waiting for everyone to arrive. I spotted Andrew talking to Carver, both of them in polo's and black slacks. They were too cute for words. As we made our way over to them, something made me stop dead in my tracks. I heard giggles coming from the left of me. When I turned around to look, all the cheer sluts were huddled around a very sexy Zak. His hair was in his messy ways over his forehead but thankfully not covering up those sparkling grey eyes that shined; even in the dark. He was causally leaning up against the brick wall behind him, conversing with the lust struck girls. He was dressed in a suit; jacket, tie, everything. He looked like a freaking model standing there. I felt my heart race as I checked him out from afar. I took in every detail of that sexy smirk of his. It's the one that drives all the girls mad.

"Annie!" I heard my name being called from behind me and I'm guessing Zak did too because he jerked his head up. His eyes fell upon me and his jaw dropped. I felt the lump in my throat form big time. I just sent a small smile and wave before turning on my heels to meet up with the rest.

Ms. Simpson called for dinner and we took our seats. I sat in between Cara and Carver and started to talk to them while everyone else picked a seat. I didn't notice until I heard girls arguing that Zak sat directly in front of me. The girls were fighting on who was going to sit next to him. He didn't even look up. He just stared at the menu while Ms. Simpson directed the girls on seats.

We ordered our drinks and food and everyone went back to talking amongst themselves. Carver was talking about some wrestling match to the guy next to him and believe me, I was trying to get interested, but I just couldn't. Suddenly I felt a leg brush against mine and I looked up to find Zak smirking at me.

"Hi." he mouthed to me.

"Hi." I mouthed back as I blushed slightly.

"You look beautiful." okay, that did it. My face heated in seconds.

"Thank you." I mouthed back shyly before putting my head down a little.

He brought his leg back to mine as he slowly rubbed it back and forth in a soothing manner. I bit my lip and tried to focus on keeping my breathing under control. I was fiddling with my thumbs so I didn't look back at him. It was going to be impossible to focus if I did, I didn't trust myself. When the food came, he kept his leg on mine and for some reason, I felt more content that I ever have before.