Chapter Thirty-One

Greg’s POV (eeeeppp!)

I kinda figured when I got a text from ‘Zak’ that is was Annie. I’ve known Zak too long not to know when it’s not him. I went anyways, just to see what they had planned. I needed a good laugh needless to say.

Ever since Emma, I’ve held all emotions from relationships. Hell I haven’t even had a relationship since that bitch. No need when I can use them and ditch them. Relationships are too damn complicated in the beginning when you know nothings gonna last. Love is for movies and greeting cards.

And well…For Zak.

I’ve never seen that kid happier. It’s a little bit sickening. All he can talk about is Annie. I mean, the girl is hot but damn, there’s only so much you can say about someone. Or so I thought.

Emma basically screwed my head up when it comes to girls. When you think you love someone and they feel the same way, all is good. Until you find out she’s spreading her legs for half the school.

That slut. If I ever see her again I hope I’m with a chick that can fight.

But back to tonight.

Back to Cara.

I was scared shitless when I met this girl. That afternoon she came in with Annie for lunch in Zak’s room, I was stunned. I’m not sure why I never noticed her before that day.

I tried to resist her because everything in my brain was screaming to get the hell away from her. And it wasn’t because she’s younger than me, or because she’s my best friends’ student. It was because she was everything I’ve ever wanted in a girl. Even Emma couldn’t compare to her.

At first I made myself believe she was like every other chick, self-centered and a slut. But not once did she even send me a look while she was with Andrew. Most of our conversations had to deal with how much she wanted to be with him and how happy she was because it finally happened.

I still wanted to kill his ass for hurting her.

Zak has promised me that if he even crosses our path, he’ll let me get a few punches in.

I keep driving by that damn private school in hopes to get my wish.

Anyways, I decided to make a move on Cara but let’s just say it didn’t go so well. Matter of fact I made her run out of the damn house.

I didn’t care for her reasons of running, I just know that I took a leap and got shot down.

That kiss though. Let me tell you that kiss was something else. The way our lips molded to one another’s was mind blowing. The importance of oxygen faded and the only thing I needed was Cara.

But obviously she didn’t feel the same way. I’ve never had a girl just run from me and it bruised my ego, badly. As much as I wanted to chase her and figure out what the hell was up, I took the other road and decided I wouldn’t embarrass myself anymore.

Which leads us to tonight.

Here I was, watching Annie sing her dumb song that seemed very appropriate for the situation somehow.

She gave us both a death glare as she finished the song. I wanted to bust out laughing right then at her seriousness but I remembered I was supposed to be mad. When she told us she rocked it and sounded quite confident in herself, I lost it.

She was awesome at the song, but that girl is a trip sometimes. She doesn’t even have to try to be funny, she just acts herself.

It didn’t help that she was getting pissed off at me.