Chapter Thirteen (Part one)

Small chapter but posting thirteen part 2 right after! 

Song is over to the right!

------------------------------------------------------

Everyone stayed on the beach until the sun started to set. The boys finished their game right after the incident with Zak and me. I made it a point to stay clear of him; Carver kind of scared me out with that look he gave me. Chances are it was just my imagination. At least I HOPE it was.

Ms. Simpson came around to the groups of people telling us about the rest of the night. We are going to a little café in town to open mic night. We could sing if we chose to and it would count as extra credit. I’m all up for singing though, so even if the extra credit wasn’t involved; I’d be there!

Cara and I rushed to our room to get ready. I put on some jean shorts that came almost mid-thigh, a black tank top and some flip flops. Ms. Simpson told us that casual attire would do just fine. Cara had on something similar to it but she put her hair up, I decided to leave mine in loose waves.

“So are you going to sing tonight?” She asked as we were finalizing our look.

“Yeah, I’ve been practicing something for a while and I might give it a try tonight. I had a lot of inspiration since the first day of school.” I said through a smile. Cara gave me a questionable look.

“Does it have anything to do with a certain teacher?” she raised her eyebrows at me.

“You’ll just have to wait and see, now won’t you!” I stood up headed towards the door.

The group decided that it was a close enough place to walk too, so we set off towards the café.

Cara and I were talking and before I knew it, Carver came up to me and grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers together. Okay, at least he wasn’t hard to look at. I knew I was just trying to make Zak jealous and Carver was the key.

Speaking of Zak; I looked around the group and spotted him walking behind me with Ms. Simpson. She was rattling on about something and he looked uninterested. He was in low-waist jeans and a black snug muscle shirt. He definitely didn’t look like a teacher at this moment.

We rounded the last corner and the café was in sight. They let us in and we found two big tables in the front row. Zak and Ms. Simpson stood up by the wall to the right of us. Carver had his arm stretched behind me on the back of my chair and I leaned into him.

The lights went low and the first act came out. I watched her as she began to sing and she was pretty good. I was really getting into the song she was preforming; well I was until Carver leaned up against me and started kissing my neck.  I shivered as his cold lips touched my soft spot. His hand was rubbing down my back and in circles. I closed my eyes tightly and tried to picture Zak instead of Carver but the touch was all wrong, it was too much. I opened and my eyes landed on Zak. He looked crushed before turning his eyes to Carver, and then anger took over his face.

The clapping from around us stopped everything that was happening. His eyes turned to the stage, mine turned to the table and Carver backed off of me some.

The announcer asked for volunteers and called on Zak. I was shocked he’d even get up there tonight. He went up on the stage and grabbed the guitar before taking a seat on the stool. He cleared his throat and looked directly at me. I sat up straight to break my touch with Carver. I can’t believe I’m trying to make him jealous. This was stupid. He needs to know how I truly feel and he will once I sing my song tonight. I just have to find some way to tell him it’s about him, without letting everyone else know.

“Yeah, this is just a little cover song. Take it how you want.”

And after he got done singing ‘somewhere with you’ he got a standing ovation from every single person in the audience. He smiled but the smile didn’t reach his eyes; he stood, jumped off the stage and headed straight for the bathroom.

“Who do you think that was about?” Cara whispered into my ear and I just shrugged.

Carver mentioned that he needed to go to the restroom and excused himself. I didn’t care what the hell he did. As soon as Zak came back into the room, I would get up there and sing.