Chapter Twenty

I’m not sure where my phone landed and I couldn’t give a fuck. Andrew knows and he’s blackmailing me for some reason. I felt the cold floor under me and I immediately pulled me knees to my chest and started to sob.

“ANNIE. WHATS WRONG?” Cara came crashing down beside me trying to calm me down.

I started rocking back and forth, I was crying way too much too much to even begin to tell her why. I could only manage one word; a name.

“Zak”

I closed my eyes tightly due to the ache in my chest.

“ZAK”

I felt him being torn from me.

“Okay Annie, I’m going to go get him.” She jumped up and opened the auditorium door.

“Mr. Stone, somethings wrong wi…” She tried to explain quickly, her voice was shaky. The auditorium door finally closed behind her.

‘Oh god, I gotta get away from here.’ I got up and headed for the exit down the hall.

“ANNIE?” Zak’s voice filled the hall; I couldn’t face him yet. I needed to figure out what this all means.

I took off into a sprint when I heard footsteps behind me.

“Annie, WAIT.”

I pushed opened the door and sprinted down to my car. Thank god I have my keys; I quickly unlocked the door and climbed in. I couldn’t find the slot to get my key in the ignition. Okay, maybe this isn’t a good idea to drive when I can’t even see straight.

I jumped a little when Zak started knocking on my window. “Annie, come on angel. What’s wrong? Let me in.” He spoke frantically.

‘FINALLY’ The key slid into place and I cranked my car, threw it into reverse and got the hell out of there.

I swerved a few times when the tears got so bad that it blurred my vision. I kept looking behind me in fear that they would follow me but no sign of them yet.

I racked my brain until I remember the spot Zak took me last night and sped off into that direction.

I finally got to the winding dirt road and didn’t slow down until I got to the spot. I ran through the trees until the clearing came into view.

This place is the only place that can keep me sane right now. I needed the memories of last night because..

There’s no way we could make anymore.

Mr. Stone’s POV (yayy)

“Thank you for helping me last night Man.”

Yeah, Greg did help me out! He went and bought about 10 bags of those damn chocolate kisses. I had everything else since I went on my break earlier, but I raided all the stores of the chocolates and still couldn’t come up with enough. I know I needed a lot to make a trail. He also set everything out for the picnic while Annie got ready.

I owe him.

A LOT.

“No problem. I’m just happy a girl has you whipped, finally!”

“Haha” I said sarcastically. But he was right.

I grabbed my phone to text my angel to tell her Greg is crashing our lunch date..

ONCE AGAIN.

The bell sounded and my heart did that crazy ass flutter thing when I know I’m about to see Annie. Damn, I got it bad.