Chapter Fourteen

Zak’s P.O.V (starting from leaving the bathroom)

I opened the door and headed back for the tables. I shook my head at myself; I went through his phone and found Annie’s number. I don’t really know what I’m going to do with it, but it makes me feel better knowing I have it.

I got back just in time to see Annie volunteer. She looked stunning as she walked up on stage and the spotlight hit her; it’s where she belongs. She placed the guitar onto her lap and focused on the crowd. She scanned quickly until she stopped in my direction. My heart jumped a little. Damn I sound like a chick. Love struck.

She took in a breath of air before speaking.

“This is inspired by someone that came into my life quickly and without my knowledge, stole my heart. I can’t even explain to this individual how I feel in my own words but I believe this song says it all. I just hope he hears them.”

She didn’t take her eyes off of me. But this couldn’t be about me.

Right?

She started to sing and her voice sent goose bumps all over my body. Her voice was perfection; she was an angel. She was my personal angel.

I listened to each word carefully and I couldn’t help but to grin like a fool. God, if this song isn’t about me, I would be broken to the core. She put so much meaning into each lyric.

When she stopped playing, the audience went crazy. She deserved every clap, every holler and every praise she got.

I quickly got out my phone and sent her a text. Tonight, I will put my job aside and put Annie first.

‘Meet me at the pool tonight, 11:00 sharp.’

I received one back.

‘Who is this?’

I texted back one word.

‘Surprise.’

Damn, forgot something-

 ‘wear a swim suit’

I smiled and slid my phone back into my pocket before she noticed.

I found myself checking my watch every 5 minutes; it was damn torture to wait for 11:00. Hell I just wanted to get out of this café and go back to get ready; to get my head straight. I have no clue what to say to this girl. Here I am 24 freaking years old and a 16 year old is making me in to an idiot.

FINALLY

Ms. Simpson called for the group to start walking back to the hotel. I swear I was speed walking. Of course Ms. Simpson was right on my heels trying to flaunt herself.

She was nothing compared to Annie.

I ran into my room and quickly changed into my swim shorts before putting on another pair of shorts and a tee shirt. I still had to do rounds to check on the guys.

10:30

I went through the rooms to make sure all was well.

As soon as that was over, I took the elevator straight down to the ground floor. The pool area was deserted. The weather was perfect for a night swim.

I started pacing the pavement; I could almost feel Annie in my arms. I glanced down at my phone 10:55. My heart jumped and a lump formed in my throat.

Oh god I can’t do this. I took off into the breezeway beside the pool. I tried to calm my heavy breathing.

When the hell did I get nervous? Damn this girl. I mentally laughed at myself; Greg would kill to see this side of me. He always wished for the day that a girl would have me whipped. And poor Annie doesn’t even know it yet.