Chapter Twenty-Two

I kissed Zak on the cheek and told him I needed to check on Cara.

Walking into my kitchen, I saw Cara sitting at the table with her head down. I walked over and sat down beside her. “Cara…”

She lifted her head and tried to hold a smile, even though the brightest smile couldn’t hide her swollen red eyes.

“I’m so sorry.” Tears started falling freely again and she crumbled onto me. I knew she was hurt, she really cared for Andrew. I’m so freaking stupid not to see who he truly was. I rocked her back and forth for a few minutes until I heard her calming down.

“I don’t blame you. Please know that.” She lifted her head from my chest and spoke softly.

“You can though; I give you full permission to blame me!” I was trying to lighten the mood a little bit.

She smiled.

“There’s that smile.” I poked her in the side to make her giggle.

She sniffed some and wiped her face off with some Kleenex. “Okay, I just needed a short pity party. He’s a freaking jerk.” She perked up a little more.

“You got that right.” I said through my laughing.

“I love you Annie, I’m sorry you had to go through that.”

“It’s all good, I promise. I couldn’t have done it without all of you.”

She nodded and then started to giggle.

I raised my eyebrows at her.

“Uh…so how hot was Mr. S when he had Andrew in that choke hold?” She said grinning from ear to ear.

I blushed a deep red. She was completely right, it was hot as hell!

“I’m flattered.” A voice from behind us said. I jerked my head around to look at who I already knew it was. There stood a very cocky Zak in the doorway. He was leaning with one shoulder on the frame, arms crossed on his chest and a huge smirk plastered on his face.

“Oh crap.” Cara said under her breath. I looked over at her and I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen her that embarrassed before.

I couldn’t help but to bust out laughing. And I’m talking about rolling on the floor laughing. Poor Cara. Zak started laughing as well. Cara just huffed and tapped her fingers on the table in aggravation.

“I’m..sorry..” I took a deep breath. “Your face was priceless!” I patted her on the shoulder before turning my attention to Zak.

He was still chucking slightly.

“And you, Mr. Stone.” I got up and walked slowly over to him. He raised an eyebrow, watching me closely. “That wasn’t very nice, now was it?” I rubbed my finger down from his crossed arms to his lower abs. He tensed up and gulped before looking down at my lips. The burn in his eyes scolded me when he tried focusing.

“I..I have no idea what you mean Miss Evans.” He recovered quickly.

“You can’t just go around eavesdropping on conversations.” I hooked my forefinger under the hem over his shirt and allowed my finger to run across his bare skin, making him shiver.

“Oh yeah, and how do you plan on stopping me?”

I stood up on my tippy toes and leaned close to his ear. “You’ll see.” I kissed his ear lightly and made a trail to his extremely clenched jaw line. “Loosen up Mr. Stone.” I said seductively which made Cara freak.

“OKAY! I’m out!” She pushed passed us, separating the closeness that we made.

He didn’t once take his eyes off of me. I could only smirk back at him. He took one step towards me and I ran into the living room. “Who wants pizza?”