Chapter Eighteen

“HAHAHA!” I looked over to Cara and she was practically on the floor laughing. “Miss Evans” she mocked in a deep voice. “That’s good…HAHAHAHA!”

I slapped her arm

“OUCH!!”

“SHUT THE FUCK UP.” I whispered/screamed to her.

I heard someone else laughing and Greg was holding his sides, doubling over trying to catch his breath.

Zak looked shocked and he gave me a questioning look.

This wasn’t the way it was supposed to go down.

“Are y’all done?” I threw my bag on the chair and headed down to Zak.

“I’m…sorry….Annie…WHEWW” Cara tried to contain her laughing and sat in the front row along with Greg.

I noticed Greg checking her out. Oh great, she better NOT hurt Andrew. I worked to damn hard to get them together.

“She knows?” Zak came up beside me as we leaned against his desk.

I nodded. “I swear she won’t tell anyone. She knew before the Miami trip.”

He put his arm around me and pulled me close.

“It’s okay, I’m glad you have someone to talk to.”

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his jaw line. “Thank you.”

“I missed you Annie, I swear I didn’t think lunch would ever get here.”

“Me neither.” I hugged him tightly, never wanting to let go.

Greg and Cara carried on their own conversation, I guess getting to know each other a little better while Zak pulled out some lunch he packed for the both of us. He pulled me down onto his lap as he handed me half of his sandwich.

“Thanks.” He smiled and I placed my head on his shoulder and ate the sandwich.

“What are you doing tonight?” I asked casually, trying not to sound desperate to hang out with him.

“Uhhh, Greg needs some help with something.” He didn’t look at me.

He wouldn’t lie to me, now would he? I just remember the last time someone gave me a fake excuse; he ended up having a secret relationship going on.

“Oh.” I sat up straight and smoothed out my shirt.

“I’d rather be with you though.” He kissed my shoulder.

“I know.”

‘Damn it’ every time I get upset, my answers get short. No wonder people can tell what I’m thinking.

“Annie…” He was about to say something but my phone, along with Cara’s sounded.

We both pulled them and looked at each other.

It was from Victoria, the captain of the dance team.

‘Emergency dance team meeting. CaptainTry outs will be held today.’

My heart pounded in my chest. This could be it! I’ve been waiting for this text since I started high school.

“Annie!!” Cara jumped up and scared both of the guys. “This is your shot!!”

“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. She might pick someone else. Anyone on dance would make a great captain.”

“What’s going on?” Greg questioned.