The Other Side

There was always two ways to look at story. The most popular one being that the two individuals that were 'meant to be' get together and live happily ever after. But, has anyone really thought of how the other poor girl or boy felt?

Heartbroken?

Soul crushed?

Empty?

Well I have, and here we are going to sit down and have a small story time and I will reveal to you the story of the other girl. The poor individual who was left with a shattered heart and only the confines of her own heart to lament in while she watched the rest of the world applaud and congratulate the new couple. That, to me, would be torture. Now sit down, grab a drink and a bite to eat as now we begin our story.

Once there were two beautiful girls. They were both strong members of the distinguished Special Ops Squad, full of life and enthusiasm. Petra and (F/n) were very much alike. They had the same sparks in their souls that was almost refreshing for the older soldiers, who were growing quite fatigued from countless years of watching friends, peers, superiors and possibly family perish tragically. They both always tried to see the higher quality than low in situations; like Eren Jaeger for example. Even though they both made a wrong judgment call, they did not see Eren as bad person. They merely saw him as a boy who had an awful task bestowed upon him. But the day you went to Petra and asked for relationship advice, was the same day Petra subtly started to change.

* * *

You rapped your hand against her wooden door multiple times and awaited her answer. Petra opened the ebony door with a gentle smile gracing her lips.

"Hey, (F/n). What's up?" She greeted light-heartedly.

"I was wondering if you could give me some advice?" You asked her and felt a light pink start to dust your cheeks as you thought of him.

"Sure! Come in!" Petra cheered and let you in. You placed yourself on her bed, where she sat beside you and waited for you to speak.

"So I need help on how to ask someone out. . ." You said and tittered a little in embarrassment.

"Wow so you're asking him out? Go you! So who's the lucky guy?" She asked with a teasing tone.

You giggled nervously and the pink colour returned to your cheeks. "Captain Levi. I've really liked him for awhile now and I'm really close to him, I just want to be with him," You told her and Petra's heart nearly dropped to the floor. She could feel a burning sensation well up behind her eyes, but her being the absolute angel she was, held up a strong facade and smiled happily.

"Wow, you're brave. What made you like him?" She asked with a cheery tone. But on the inside, Petra was completely crestfallen. She was surprised herself that she hadn't broken down at this point.

"I don't know. . . I just love everything about him. He's always nice to me, in his own subtle ways. It's the small things if I'm being completely honest," You sighed contently, your eyes nearly moulding into the shapes of hearts as you thought of all the reasons you had fallen for the particular short male.

"Okay well the first thing you want to do is. . ."

* * *

With an excited and anxious giggle, you closed Petra's door, ready to confess your deep love for the corporal. You took as long as you could to reach Levi's door and your tapped your hand against it lightly. You heard a faint 'come in' emit from the other side of the hardwood door. You peeked your head and around the door and saw the man you loved doing the tedious task of completing paperwork. He pried his eyes away from the sheet of paper he was scratching his signature on, and looked into your orbs.