Glass

Okay so I literally just wrote this so excuse any spelling mistakes I may have made despite me editing :')

Anyway, this is like an angsty-fluff kinda thing?? Idk! But anyway! Enjoy.
__________
Everyone is like glass. Some glass is tougher than others so the priceless jewel can be kept safely from harm's way.

Most glass is weak and it only takes one long hard fall for everything to completely smash and cause an inconvenient mess that someone is going to have to clean up to prevent further damage. The once admired, beautiful gem is now worthless and exposed.

Other glass cracks and that crack subtly grows and grows until it's too big to fix. Too broken to repair — but by then the once precious material has long been exposed to danger and woe. It too has been deemed valueless.

Some glass is tough. Very tough and no matter how hard you hit it with an object like a baseball bat, it refuses to shatter. It will not let you lay even so much as one measly finger on the priceless treasure.

But all it takes is something so delicate. So beautiful. So rare to smash that glass to smithereens. A diamond. No glass is tougher than crystallised carbon. Once the diamond is fixated on the right point of the glass and a hard enough hit is given, it is not the gem that is ridiculed. It is the glass. It becomes as weak as the afore mentioned weakest.

But Levi is lucky that it wasn't someone wishing to exploit the nature of the rarity for their own benefit. No. That was never your intent. You looked after it while the glass had fallen. You cared for it and made sure that no one could touch the vulnerability that was his heart. Yes, Levi Ackerman had broken. After years and years of torment it only took you, a gentle soul who roamed the earth with his to make the mighty warrior fall – and he fell hard.

Levi could never ever determine whether he had come to loathe or to love the feeling that was falling. At times it's nice to just let go and free fall, to enjoy what life is at the current moment. But no matter what, falling is scary. A speed that accelerates daily, faster and faster. The ground gets closer and closer and the feeling of dread that will be hitting the hard surface of reality will always strike terror into Levi's soul.

But all that is wrong with this poor man is that he's afraid. Afraid of being dragged into the dark pits of depression he just managed to crawl out of of. Afraid that this time, his struggle to rid himself of the anxieties and heavy thoughts would forever but fruitless because now, there was no glass. Levi didn't want it to be there anymore.

Levi loved seeing the joy wash over your face when he opened himself up to you. When he finally let you in so you could protect him. He was relieved that he had a shoulder to cry on. He had someone to rid him of his worries. An imaginary ton had been lifted off his shoulders only leaving a small weight behind.

For Levi, having you as a lover was a bulwark gifted by God but of course he could never shake the feeling that he was being wrapped in a false sense of security due to his history of trepidation but you were always there to remind him. That you would always be there no matter what and no matter how many miles there ever seemed to be between the both of you, you were always there to remind him that...

"It's all an optical illusion. I'm right here, right now. Telling you that I'm not going anywhere. I love you, Levi. Nothing will ever change that."

There :')