Let's Chase The Night Away

❤️
_________

The short man shot up from his previous position of laying down beside his wife, panting heavily while his hands shook from the nightmare he just had. This wasn't the only thing that was an effect of Levi's Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder but, it's what worries you the most. Levi, usually being a calm, collected and awkward person was what you were used to but, this side of him; the one that was grabbing the knife from his bedside table, where it was religiously, and swinging it to thin air, scared the living hell out of you. You were afraid that Levi would never recover from his past and end up doing something that you destroy you.

Levi had been at war two years ago and returned to you broken and mentally defeated. He didn't care about why there was war he only cared about all those men he killed, who were only following orders; like him. Ordered to kill each other. . .

What a sick and undignified place this world has become.

Either way, what destroyed Levi was that he killed womens' husbands, killed   mothers' sons, murdered children's fathers-- all so he could make it back to you. He thought that once he came back to your open arms that he would be okay but, he could never ever forget what he had done and thus he development PTSD. All those nightmares reminding him of the bloodbath called a battlefield, the faces of the men he fought and the ones that fought with him, all his comrades that he couldn't save.

This was the worst part of the war.

Overtime you tried to help him, soothe him like all the devoting wives from the movies and simply make his pain go away but it doesn't come easy. Especially with a person like Levi who kept his emotions on the inside as much as possible. Everything you had tried availed to nothing, leaving Levi tired and depressed. You were the only thing keeping that man in his right mind. . . just barely.

"Levi?" You asked in a smooth tone as you hugged his body, attempting to calm him down. "Levi, honey, it's okay. You're safe, you're here." That was enough for him to just lie back down with you and have him hold you in his arms. He refused to talk to you about his night terrors and you could only assume that it was all too painful for him.

Levi lay with his eyes glued open, pointing at the ceiling while you fell asleep. Once he knew that you were back within your envious slumber, he let the tears that were building up in his eyes fall. It was getting too much for him to deal with alone. So he lay there until light flooded into the room so he could get up for work. The night scared him. Yes, of all things for a man to be afraid of, Levi was afraid of the night and what nightmares awaited him every time the moon rose high.

Today was the day that you were going to put an end to Levi's fear. You spent the whole day looking for a unique item that was different from most and after a few hours of shopping around, you had found it.

The perfect dreamcatcher.

Once you returned home, you suspended it over yours and Levi's bed where it swayed slightly left and right. You couldn't wait for Levi to come home, you were sure it would work.

The rest of the day, you made sure everything was clean around the apartment you shared so Levi wouldn't have to clean when he came home. The sound of keys in the door made you smile gently and go into your small hallway to greet your husband.

"Levi! Welcome home! How was work?" You asked as you embraced him. Levi would never admit it but, hugging you was the best feeling. He had missed you so much when he was at war so even when you parted away from the longest hug, it still wouldn't satisfy Levi-- not in the slightest.

"It was okay. Jeager was being a loud and angry little shit again though." With a faint giggle, you brought Levi into the kitchen where you had dinner prepared.

* * *

Night had fallen and you and Levi were making your way to bed. Levi was exhausted yet he wanted to stay awake so he wouldn't have to experience the nightmares.

"What the fuck is that?" Levi asked as he saw the feathered decoration over his bed.

"It's a dreamcatcher," You replied while lying down in bed.

"I know that, idiot. Why do we have one?" He asked and laid down beside you pulling the duvet over you both.

"I was thinking that with the help of me and this dreamcatcher, that we could chase the darkness of the night away with it. To catch all your bad dreams before they reach you." Levi looked at you with slightly wide eyes for a second while you gazed up at the beautiful piece of work dangling over the bed.

"I get what you're trying to do, (F/n). But it's stupid, it's not gonna work," Levi half spat. He believed that there was nothing that could save him because he thought only you could save him and yet, you were struggling.

"Please Levi, just keep an open mind about it. I'm trying to help you. I want to save you," You whispered and positioned yourself over him while caressing his pale cheek.

"Tch, fine. I'll try." With that, you put your head on Levi's chest and began to fall asleep. You forced yourself to stay awake until he fell asleep. That night, you saw Levi's face look so peaceful.

So with a gentle smile, you slipped into a slumber.

Levi awoke the next morning, feeling like a completely fresh person. He hadn't slept like that in two years, well he hadn't actually gotten a full eight hours rest more like.

"I told you that it would chase the night away," You told Levi groggily and smiled sweetly at him.

"Yeah, you did. Thank you for saving me, (F/n)."
__________
You guys deserved this, I guess :')