Reunited

Well this is my attempt at a nicer story... not really my forte but meh :/
__________________________

"Promise me you'll make it back. . .please. I can't even begin to understand what my life would be like without you in it."

How long had it been since you uttered those words to him.

Two years?

Three years?

No matter how long it had been, you stopped counting a long time ago. You didn't care about the duration of his absence, only the day in which he returned; that too was unknown. Over this extended period of time, you had grown accustomed to the bitter loneliness. At first it was hard, you would quietly cry yourself to sleep but, overtime you "grew a set" and carried on yet, each and everyone of your friends and family knew you were internally downhearted. They could tell by how false your smiles were about how dry your laughter was- they also anticipated Levi's return because they knew that as soon as he arrived home, so would you. He had taken your happiness with him.

The repetitive buzzing your phone had caught your attention, so you grabbed it from your bedside locker to see who was ringing you.

'Incoming call from: Eren ^-^'

"Hey, buddy. What's up?" You asked groggily, rubbing your eyes with your free hand.

"Oh shit, I woke you up! Sorry! But anyway, I was ringing to say happy birthday! Getting old aren't you. Should I start calling you ma'am?" He joked and heard him chuckle. This was enough to bring a tiny grin on your face.

"Watch it, Jeager," You warned in a playfully serious tone.

"Anyway, The guys and I have booked a fancy meal for your birthday at four pm, so wear something nice. If you don't have anything to wear, I can bring you to the mall and get you a dress or something as a gift of sorts," The young man suggested down the phone.

"No, no Eren. I can buy a dress myself. Just so much as going with me would be enough."

"The part about me buying you the dress wasn't a question. If you're gonna go to the mall and get a dress, I'll buy it for you," He demanded.

"Woah there, Eren. Tone down the fury," You joked. "I'll let you buy the dress if it's really so much of priority."

"Thanks, (F/n)! I'll be around in an hour or so, so be ready," and with that, the call ended.

"Damn that boy can change his emotions in the flick of a switch," You mumbled to yourself, sitting up out of your bed and started to get ready.

* * *

"Hey, open up!" You heard the familiar voice of the oceanic eyed boy call.

"Eren, knock on that door any harder and you'll break it off its hinges!" You yelled as you walked towards the door.

You heard his scoff from the other side of the door. "Ugh whatever. Just hurry up, I have to give you your birthday beat-up!" He eagerly exclaimed from the other side of the door. Finally you opened the hardwood door and looked at Eren in the eyes.

"Good morning, Jeager," You sarcastically greeted your friend.

"Hey," He said and gave you a friendly hug. Once he pulled away, he grabbed you arm and punched it a number of times while counting. "And thirty-two!"

"God. . . Am I really thirty-two? That's scary," You said in disbelief.

"But you're lucky! You don't look a day over twenty-two!" Eren cheered and punched your shoulder spiritedly.