A Peaceful Farewell

There were rumours regarding the relationship between Captain Levi and (F/n). All of them circled around the idea that there was romantic relations between the two, but no solid evidence to prove the statement true.

The whispers of a secret relationship originated from the strange bond that seemed to connect Levi and (F/n). There was a sense of comfort that permeated through the atmosphere whenever they were together. No one knows how or why it was this way, the only thing was was a common fact was that Levi and (F/n) went quite the ways back. (F/n) was one of the first friends Levi made once he officially joined the Scouting Legion.

It took a long time for the pair to actually consider each other friends due to the fact Levi was skeptical about having anyone closer to him than an arm's distance after what occurred with his late friends Farlan and Isabel. Especially in this field of work. Every new corner outside the wall to be discovered in turn released a fresh set of dangers. At a moment's notice, in a split second of dulled senses, your life could be over. There was little room for error.

Regardless of this, (F/n) wormed her way through the wall the partitioned Levi the soldier who appeared to be stoic in character though full of compassion, and Levi the human being. The person beneath the usually straight lined lips and seemingly cold persona.

Now before we get ahead ourselves, Levi was not one to freely cry or smile around (F/n), but he did allow himself to open more around the girl. Though one could argue that it was just because of the time that they spent with each other allowed the girl to pick up on the small things.

But let us be clear;

There was no official romantic relationship between Levi Ackerman and (F/n) (L/n).

It was never verbally established between (F/n) and Levi. It was something that they both knew of, but neither one said a word to the other because of one thing;

Having a romantic relationship in that line of work was extremely impractical and could pose an unnecessary threat to both lives involved.

Of course there were times when they momentarily forgot their principles and found themselves in need of each other.
________________
It was the first time for this to happen to you. You gave orders to your squad out on the field and it ultimately led to one of them sadly passing and another deemed unfit for further military service.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Your mind was riddled with regret. You berated yourself for not thinking of every possible outcome and that being a titan had not been detected in a ruined village and pounced on two of your squad members while you were all pursuing an abnormal titan.

The echoing of Hamlin's screams as he was devoured were still ringing in your ears as if it were happening all over again. In an attempt to save her comrade, Sylvie charged at the titan. This resulted in the titan grabbing her with its free hand, holding her there to watch as it downed Hamlin's unconscious form.

You still remember the look of agony on her face as you rushed towards her, as the titan closed its fist around her small body. You managed to save her life but she was crippled. The titan's vice grip crushed the vertebrae in her lower spine and when she fell from the titan's hand to the ground, it broke her the spinal cord which in turn caused her to be paralysed from the waist down.

You were ashamed to call yourself a squad leader. You had been entrusted by your squad mates to evaluate every possible situation and outcome and come to the safest possible plan of action.

Idiot.

"You look like you need to take a shit," A voice from behind you called. You turned to look at the short man approaching you and managed to force a weak smile.