Go

[Unedited]

Play music for full immersion
___________________________

Through this one pandemic, humans realised just how precious life was. The human race was now acutely aware of the daily depleting population. The average three-thousand-two-hundred and eighty seven lives lost by road everyday became such a daunting number. Why?

All humans became infertile across the globe.

No babies had been born in the past twenty years. The youngest person on Earth was twenty-two years of age.

Since this all began, riots had broken out, terrorists had made a massive move and scientists were frantically trying to find a cure — it was proving to be fruitless though.

Then there was you and your boyfriend Levi. You hid in your quaint little home in a well grown forest, to hide from the police and riots. You needed to get the camps. The ones the were dedicated to preserving all human life.

This was because you managed to get pregnant. You and your boyfriend were going to be parents.

The police would probably send you to a government institute to get tested upon but that would mean killing you. You didn't mind if it meant the re-populating of Earth but Levi refused. Quoting him, "A child shouldn't have to live without a mother in their life. It's tough."

Now you were waiting for the camp to set up close to the two of you. It was a travelling camp because according to "law" it was illegal, but what the authorities didn't know couldn't hurt them. Now the camp was settling close enough to where you lived but it would be risky. It was a lengthy five and a half hour drive to the port. If that wasn't bad enough, all the guards in the goddamn country were on the look for a 'young pregnant woman.' Yes they knew, someone you thought you could trust ratted you out the cops. Well let's say that blonde and her two taller friends were killed. They had put the baby's life under extreme peril. The only other person you had to trust was your brother Eren. He was going to help you and Levi reach the camp. Although Levi was well able of handling you, Eren was a good shot and he could use the extra body, god forbid anything happened to him.

"LEVI, (F/N) MOTION HAS BEEN DETECTED AT THE FOREST ENTRANCE!" Eren yelled as he ran to the security screens.

"Fuck! Who is it?!" Levi yelled back while he ran towards you, to get you ready. Being eight and a half months pregnant meant you couldn't do everything on your own.

"It's the cops! Shit we gotta get (F/n) outta here!" Eren shouted back, entering the room. The boys were quick to assist you out to the car and get you strapped in.

"Eren I want you to drive away through the back roads, and be damn quick about it, the-"

"Levi?! What are you saying! You're coming with us! They'll kill you!" You shouted at him as tears pricked you eyes.

"Hey, I've gotten myself out of worse. I'll just tell them you're dead, then I'll take the motorbike and follow you. I promise, I'll be safe," He said as he leaned in window, cupping your cheek with his hand.

"B-But what if-" You were interrupted when a pair of thin, soft lips met your own. The tears that had been building up in your eyes had finally fallen as you kissed your soulmate. Your true love, the father of your child.

"Goddammit woman you talk too much," He said as he rested his forehead on yours. "I love you though, don't you dare forget that, got it. Now go."

"I-I love you too." With that, Eren drove away and went up past the trees. You stared out the window as the police arrived.

"Eren, stop the car. We're hidden enough and I want to wait for him," You whispered as the anxiety grew in the pit of your stomach. Complying, Eren halted and you both stepped out of the car and watched what went down.

|Levi's POV|

She's safe, she'll be okay.

The men surrounded him and held their guns up. "You're the pregnant girl's lover boy. Where the fuck is she?" The middle-aged brown haired man growled.

"She's dead. One of your men shot her and she's fucking dead," Levi spat, feigning hurt. "We didn't have the medicine to fucking save her!"

"That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard," He replied. "Now stop beating around the bush and just tell us!"

Shit

"She's long gone. You won't find her. I sent her that way," Levi 'confessed' pointing them in a different direction.

I guess this will be my end. I'm sorry (F/n)

"Lying to the police about something so serious is punishable by death."

"I'm well aware of that."

(F/n) bring my son or daughter up with pride. Please tell them about me. Show them pictures of us when you one day come back here after all this bullshit is sorted.

A single tear ran down his cheek as he awaited his death.

|Your POV|

They raised a gun to his head. You couldn't remove your eyes from the unfolding scene. You were about to scream when Eren was quick to put his hands over your mouth.

Bang bang bang

You immediately convulsed in sobs and cried of raw anguish. "I know, (F/n) I know. But we gotta go. Now," Eren said as he dragged you back to the car. That was something that would forever be etched into the deepest areas of your mind.

His raven hair soaking up the blood gushing from his skull. The extra two bullets they planted into his chest as if the blow to the head wasn't enough. Levi was dead. Your, strong Levi had fallen.

Once you were back into the car, you wailed loudly while Eren sped away. He rested one hand on your shoulder as tears escaped his eyes too. "It'll be o-okay, (F/n)."

You couldn't say anything, all you could do was cry. Cry until there was no more tears to shed. Until all you could get out was depressed sighs.

You rested your hands on your swollen belly.

You're the last memory I have of your dad. He will be proud of you. If you're a boy, I'll name you Levi after your heroic father. If. you're a girl, I'll call you Levi's favourite name; Breanna. Meaning strength.

I love you Levi.
_____________________
Well this was pure shit! I got the idea from a movie I was watching last night "Children of Men" but I didn't get to finish it.

Ah well.
Imma go :P