Melancholia

~|Story 2 of family series|~

*Triggering Content*

*Play music for full immersion*

Your family was always so joyful and full of light, it made other families look dull and boring. Even when your dad happened to be one of the  most emotionless people to set eyes on, he still showed affection through his own blunt and abrasive ways. But the very foundation that kept your home happy, broke away.

Your dearly beloved mother had been taken away from you in a very serious car accident. She had been t-boned by a forty-foot truck at dangerous 'accident black spot' junction.

It dynamited yours and your father's peace of mind and happiness.

You had completely isolated yourself from your friends, the people who didn't seem to understand and got mixed up in a bad group of people. Getting hammered beyond comprehension; to the point where you simply couldn't recall any memory of that night, smoking weed behind the school gym, cheating on tests, all of it. You had pushed away from your once angel personality and went down a path that would lead to your demise.

Your father had become more distant and cold towards everyone. He lost his one and only woman. He never had a girlfriend before your mother because she was the only one able to break his stone cold walls and see his heart of platinum. He noticed your spiralling behaviour and tried to help you get back on track but the immense sadness in your frail heart always led you back to your bad group of friends. Levi was never good at expressing himself before your mother's passing so it got even harder when she died. But he needed to suck it up, he could see your mental condition getting worse and the therapist recommended a "mother figure" being introduced as she guessed your state was this bad because of not having the privileges of a 'mother-daughter relationship.' Thus, Levi set out to find another woman. He knew your mother would approve of his attempts to help you. It took a good few months for Levi to finally commit to the relationship but his new woman knew his very logical reasoning and only hoped she could be the mother you were in need of.

You made your way downstairs to your father who needed to discuss an 'important matter' with you. You entered the kitchen to where your dad was sitting and sat down. He had made you your favourite tea; also his own.

"So (F/n), you and I both know that you haven't gotten any better since. . . your mother died," He started and you could feel your eyes water at the sound of your mother being discussed and how painfully your father had said it. No matter how long she was gone, you both still loved her and would never fully get over her death. "And I think it's because you no longer have a mother-daughter bond and-"

"Dad, please just cut the crap. What's going on?" You asked not wanting to hear more about how you felt. It was all true, you just refused to admit it. Admit that you wanted your mother to be there and help you with boys, friends, everything.

"I've been dating a woman for a few months now and I asked her to be my girlfriend and move in recently. But, I need your approval first, (F/n). I don't want this to worsen your hurt," Levi said and you felt your heart twist even more. You only wanted your own mother, not someone else to stand in.

"D-Does she make you happy?" You choked out.

"Yes, quite a bit."

"Then why are you asking me, dad. If you're happy then I'm happy," You lied, feeling the tears finally fall.

"Are you sure? Why are you crying?" Your father questioned, worried that he was making the wrong decision. This was all for you-- yes he was getting something out of it, but you were the only thing that he had left that resembling your mother.