Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Dead?" I asked, kneeling down to Argus' body, "How in the name of Zeus is he dead?"

Percy looked at me and said in monotone, "He's been squished to death. That's how!" I rolled my eyes and stood up, dusting glass off of myself. I made sure everyone was accounted for and sighed.

"Anyone know where we are?" I asked, studding my surroundings. We were in what seemed like a wooded area with tall trees. I shivered a little as a breeze went by.

"Well," Annabeth said, doing some sort of calculating in her head, "considering the climate and the nature, we must be somewhere near the mountains." Niall smiled and showed her something in his phone.

"According to Google Maps," he said, "we're on the edge of Nevada, close to the Sierra Nevada mountains."

"Knew it!" Annabeth expressed. We all laughed at her sudden outburst.

"Whoa," Percy said to her, "slow your roll Wise Girl. Calm..." Annabeth just playfully punched him in the side. I chucked and started gathering all of our supplies that had fallen out of our bags. I stuffed them back into the bags and zipped them closed.

"We'll have to get past the mountains," Liam said, grabbing a bag.

"How?" Niall asked, "hike? It'll take days! We should get on a plane or something." Percy instantly shook his head.

"I don't want to turn into a crisp by my uncle!" He panicked. I raised an eyebrow.

"And why would that happen?" I asked.

"My dad is Poseidon, and Zeus would fry me if I went on a plane." I nodded and picked up a bag, slinging it over my shoulder. Niall grabbed the bag with his bow and quiver, putting on his body like a messenger bag. Once everyone had what they needed, we started moving toward the mountains in the horizon.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Please vote!!!!