Chapter 18

Chapter 18

We all stepped up or pace as we walked up and down the mountain. After Nico told us all he knew, he left to continue on with whatever journey he was going on. After learning the actual location of where the Gods were being kept, all of us suddenly had a burst of motivation to never stop moving. We walked day and night, only taking a few breaks to sleep.

It took 4 days to get over the mountain. Within that time, Liam almost got pneumonia (thank Gods Percy packed ambrosia), we all sliding on our bums after a large gist of wind, and a few other things I can't recall. By noon of the last day, we had reached the bottom of the mountain.

"Oh look at that," Niall said as we entered a forest near the mountain base, "more trees. I was hoping a beach or something." We all laughed at his sudden randomness. We all made our way through the trees and brush and looked for a way out.

After a while of walking, Harry went over to me and laid his head on my shoulder. I took his hand and intertwined out fingers, letting him rest on me. I heard him sigh, his hot breath hitting my neck like knifes into a heart.

"I'm getting sick of waiting," he whispered to me, "I want to save the gods and get back home." I nodded, turning my head a little to kiss his forehead.

"So am I," I agreed, "but quests take forever. One quest I had took me two months. We've been at this for about a week." Harry groaned and beat his head on my shoulder a few times.

"I just want this to stop!" He said, throwing his hands up into the air. On the spot, I saw vines wrap around Niall's ankles and pull him upside down, hanging from a tree.

"Uh lads?!" He yelled, trying to reach up to the restraints, "What the hell is happening?!" I ran up to him.

"I don't know," I called up to him, "but we are going to find out and get you down." I went back to Harry, who was looking at Niall with a little bit of fear. I looked at his hands and gasped at them.

Harry was lightly clenching his fists over and over again in nervousness, practically pulsing them. I looked over at Niall, who's leaved restraints were pulsating up and down at the pace Harry was clenching his fists.

"Hey Haz," I said to him, "unclench your hands." He nodded and opened his hands. At the same moment, Niall fell free and hit the ground with a thud.

"Ow!" He said, getting back onto his feet, "what was that?" I looked over at Harry and smiles more. A bright green flower was glowing above his head.

"What?" He asked, "Is there something on my face?" I just continued smiling.

"You've just been claimed, Harry!" Percy said excitedly. Harry raised an eyebrow and looked at the symbol floating above him.

"By who?" He asked. I smiled brighter and answered him myself.

"Demeter."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Harry has been claimed!!! Now, all we have to do is save the gods.