Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I took about two days to get through the woods. We had to deal with a Hellhound attack (fun), and more of Harry's nature mishaps. It was not fun being ties to tree with vines holding me by my torso. Not. Fun.

Once we reached the end of the woods, we saw a small town. I adjusted the bag over my shoulder and walked into the downtown area with the other five. There were s bunch of little cafes and shops. I was seriously craving something actually filling to eat. Trail mix for a week straight did not do well on my stomach.

We ended up eating at some hamburger place on a corner. It was really good to eat actually food for the first time in over a week. Once our food was paid for, we walked around, taking in the time to relax.

While walking down a road, I saw large bus station. I ran up to it and looked at the time board.

1:00...Malibu....#531

I smiled as the rest of the group joined me. I pointed to the sign and smiled.

"This is the bus we have to take," I explained, "I hope it's a short ride." I looked at Liam, "What time is it?"

Liam looked at his phone, and his eyes widened. He looked up and said, "12:59."

We all bolted to the bus. It had already started moving and the doors were closing. I ran ahead of the group and shouted, "Wait!"

The bus stopped and the doors opened back up. The driver looked at me as if I was crazy.

"What do you want?" He asked, clearly annoyed.

"My friends and I missed our bus to get back to our summer camp," I explained, "and we really need to get on." The driver rolled his eyes and got out of his seat. He stood at the door and crossed his arms.

"Listen," he snarled, "I'm on a tight schedule. I don't have time to allow anymore passengers on." I have him a glare and decided then to use my ability.

"Let us on the bus," I said using a strong amount of Charmspeak, "and you will be kind to anyone who want to get on whether you like it or not!" With that, the driver went back to his seat with a forced smile.

"Welcome to my bus!" He said enthusiastically. I smiled and thanked him as the six of us demigods found our seats. I sat in a window seat next to Harry. He lifted the armrest between us and pulled me closer to him, pressing a soft kiss into the top of my head.

"We're getting so close," I said in a whispered tone, "we'll be back at camp in no time." Harry sighed sadly.

"Is this what you want to do for the rest of your life?" He asked me, "go on quests and fight monsters?" I looked up at him and shook my head.

"Of course not," I responded, "I love singing. Remember that the reason I left camp in the first place was to perform. I'm never going to give that up. Not in a million years." Harry smiled and kissed me softly. I kissed back for a moment before pulling away. I wrapped my arms around his thin waist and buried my face into his chest. I was tangled into him for the entire bus ride to Malibu.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Awe!! Cute little Larry moment!! Please vote!