Chapter 22

{3rd Person}

Niall, Liam, and Percy ran into the back part of the cave, sneaking away from Aegaeon's soldiers. There was a tunnel, and they all decided to enter it.

"I think I see a light!" Liam whispered loud enough for the other two to hear. Niall and Percy saw it too and chased after it. Once the got there, they smiled at what they saw.

They had found the gods.

They all seemed to be asleep, considering it was about 2 am. Percy went up to his father, Poseidon, and shook him slightly.

"Dad!" He whispered loudly. With a few more shakes, Poseidon woke up to the sight of his son's face. He smiled.

"Percy," he said quietly, "How did you get here?"

"A long quest and an idiot companion." He looked up at his father's restraints and sighed, "Liam, what material is this?"

Liam went closer to study then chains. They were glowing slightly, and they seemed to be cold to the touch.

"A freezing chain of Celestial Bronze. Only Stygian Iron can break it." Niall's eyes widened and he ran to Liam.

"That's the material my arrowheads are made out of! We can break the chains!" Liam turned to him and signed.

"I know that Ni," he said frustrated, "but we can't use arrowheads as knives. It would take forever just to get one God free."

Niall smirked playfully and took an arrow out of his quiver, placing it on the bow. He stepped to the side of the line of gods and goddesses, aiming the arrow near the top of the chain holding Artemis. He took a deep breath and released the arrow.

Just as Niall had hoped, the arrow flew through the first chain, then the second and third and all the way to the end. Each God or goddess fell onto the ground soft enough not to hurt them, but hard enough to wake them up.

"Who dare wake me from my slumber?!" Ares yelled as he stood up, not realizing he was free.

"Ares!" Aphrodite snapped as she looked at her wrists, "we're free." Ares looked at himself and calmed down.

"Who got us free?" Iris asked from the far end of the room. Niall popped out from his spot and went to the front.

"Stygian Iron can break the coldest Celestial Bronze," he said as he picked up his used arrow and it back in his quiver. Apollo looked at him, recognized him immediately, and went up to him.

"Niall my boy," he gushed, "I am so proud of you. From the second I claimed you I knew you would do great things." Niall smiled at his father.

"Thank you dad," he said. Then, out of no where, one of the guards came in and froze, seeing all of the freed captives. He held up his staff and started calling for his boss.

"Aegaeon! Aegaeon! The gods are fr-" He was cut off by a long strand of sea vine wrap around his torso a few times and get pulled out of the room.

"What was that?" Hermes asked, "Who else is here?" After he said that, everyone hears three people scream. The others were in danger.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The gods are free! What now? Please vote!