Chapter 4 - Elli

A/N Hey guys hope you are doing something great...the weather here is beautiful...anyway...this chapter is just laying the foundation for some stuff to happen... and a couple of clues in there as well...about what Zarvane has been up to..muhahahha he isn't one to muck with that's for sure

She was so thirsty; her tongue felt huge and useless in her mouth, like a swollen, cracked,crusty slug. Wherever they were now the smell of salt was very strong and when she had awoken it had coated her tongue making it feel as rough as sandpaper.

Her stomach was in knots of nausea from the movement of the boat.

She looked down at bone dry dish that normally held water, he hadn't been down in two days, ever since she...she had disappointed him.

But what really could she tell him?

 Talon hadn't really revealed anything about her wolf side to Elli. Talon...keeping secrets from her, she wasn't shocked. Talon had probably been laughing at her behind her back.

 She didn't understand what he was demanding her to talk about.

Powers?

Talon had never said anything about powers...unless it was the power to suck men into wanting only her.

 Could that have been a power...if powers even existed? The power to wrap men around her finger?

Zarvane ranted and raved about how she should have three powers or something.

She had told him the only thing that she knew, that Talon had diamond teeth and claws, and he had backhanded her so viciously into the side of the cage that she had felt the bones in her shoulder splinter.

            "Tell me something I don't know!" he glinted at her through those evil burgundy eyes. "She has diamond teeth and claws," he repeated in a high pitched, squeaky and deliberately dumb sounding voice. "She is a god damn Ice Slayer you stupid dog, how do you think they got that name? They all have diamond teeth and claws." He spat on her then, of course he had already had his way with her so it wouldn't matter to him.

Later on came the huge deluge of scalding, salty water that he carried down in a massive tub. He would not touch her if she was dirty, as he had once said that he deserved only the best. He had reminded her that she was far from the best, she was just being used instead of damaging the best. Like the 'everyday china' her mother used. The way he talked about her sent bile into her already acidic stomach...Talon was to him something akin to a rare, priceless porcelain doll, although he sometimes would murmur about Channing finding her in less than pristine condition.

Elli wondered again why he wanted Channing to find them...

She realised just how much he loved watching her in humiliating ways; she wondered if Talon was being touched. She wanted to her to be dealing with this too....if Talon could ..she could.

She stiffened as she heard the scuff of his boot on the stairs. Her shoulder was not throbbing in pain anymore but it still was not totally healed, she noticed yesterday that her left arm, which had been broken more times that the right one, had healed slightly bent this time.

She pushed herself to the corner of the cage, trying to cover her nakedness with her legs and arms.

She wanted to hide her eyes from him, to not look at his wicked face, but she had learnt not to do that, or he would rip a handful of her hair out of her skull, the saltwater bath would then be beyond agonising at it burnt into her seeping scalp.

            She felt the hotness behind her eyes when she looked at him, she still hadn't told him about Carden or Asren, she knew instinctively that she would pay very dearly for telling him. And although she wished for death...she knew that he would never, ever let her get there. She hoped that when Talon finally found her, she would be merciful and kill her quickly.