Chapter 20 - suck it up

Talon tilted her head on the side as the question mark symbol appeared in her conscious mind. Yesterday, after swimming in the lake to remove the blood and guts dried on to her skin and hair, she and Alliyah shifted.

 Talon was surprised at the size of Alliyah in wolf form; she thought she would have been small in stature to mirror her soft, shy personality. She was actually larger than Talon in that form. Her teeth had thick milky white seams meandering through them, unlike Talon's clear transperant ones. Talon smiled inwardly she knew Alliyah possessed strength.

She had taught Alliyah how to communicate with her in wolf form on the way back to her cave.

 Alliyah flashed those haunting blue eyes into her vision, a possessive warning growl slipped out between her lips, surprising her and causing Alliyah to cower back.

Talon found that movement annoyed her and lifted a baleful gaze at Alliyah, she did not move her eyes until Alliyah flicked hers up.

Alliyah believed she was not strong but Talon could see the strength in her, feel it in her, when Alliyah had broken down yesterday and told her in detail what had happened when she had been captured by the Black Slayer whom she believed to have loved her, Talon was not sure if she would have had the strength to endure that mental and physical abuse for years on end.

Alliyah's calm strength sang through her blood.

She thought about those dark blue eyes again, and her heart skipped up settling into a faster pace.

Those beautiful eyes were appearing more and more in her dreams lately, she was confused at their presence, part of her wanted to stare at them all day, the other annoyed that they had somehow invaded the privacy of her mind.

The pain in her stomach not so painful anymore either...as whatever caused it came nearer with every passing second.

She sighed, and shifted, drawing her knees up to her chest to rest her chin on them, "I don't know whose eyes they are Alliyah, they just keep appearing. I wish I knew..."

 Alliyah whined softly and slowly walked over to muzzle Talon's hair.

 "I want to show you something," Talon said ruffling the fur on Alliyah's head as she stood.

She didn't shift but walked out of the cave, Alliyah hobbling along behind her in wolf form.

Talon didn't feel anything about being naked, but she noticed yesterday when they were walking, that Alliyah seemed to feel somewhat awkward. Talon did not like the thought of clothing touching her body now; the thought of something lifeless rubbing against her skin sickened her.

She halted... an idea forming in her head...sending her probes out she found what she was looking for, gently sifting in the dirt at the bottom of the trunk she asked their permission, as they made themselves available Talon cupped them softly into her hand.

 "Do you like being in human form or wolf form Alliyah? What is most comfortable for you?" She turned to the large white wolf.

 The picture of a human and a speech bubble appeared in her mind, Talon noticed wryly that the human was dressed.

 "I have an idea, I will try it first," Talon placed one of the seeds on her chest and fed power into it, slowly the seed sprouted and as grew, the more power Talon fed it the more it snaked out around her body, following her instructions.

 At the end of it, Talon gazed down to see that the offending parts of her body were now covered in soft leaves and tendrils, vines wrapped around her legs and arms.

She raised her eyebrows at Alliyah who even in wolf form looked astounded.

 "You want?" she smiled.