Chapter 16 - playtime

A/N - hey guys...this was actually a really hard chapter for me to write. I don't know if I've pulled it off...but here goes...its gets a little bit grisly

Alliyah sprinted, her breath heaving through her lungs, almost eclipsing the noises of the pursuit behind her. Somewhere a tiny part of her brain was hurriedly debating what her best option of escape would be, before finally deciding running on two good legs to be the better option.

            She would not let herself be caught by one of them again; she would rather throw herself of a cliff to lay broken and starving then be captured. She knew that the terror she would face if caught would obliterate even her previous experience because he had loved her once and would sometimes show some compassion and mercy but these ....these demons chasing her were of a rabid pack mentality... vile, sadistic and driven beyond by each others raw hunger for flesh.

Her flesh.

Tears were blinding her vision so she felt the sting and drag of branches as they whipped and scratched across her face, her heart thumped like a hammer against the walls of her chest but she did not falter.

She could hear the soft beat of four legged beasts closing in on her; their hot foul breathe snaking over her back.

They were playing with her, nipping at her feet, snapping at her hand. Sobs ruptured through her harsh breathing almost making her choke with the need for air.

She focussed on the one thought...the one sliver of hope she had...the gun in her house.

A huge black wolf jumped in to her path, spittle flying over its dark muzzle as it bared its opaque blood red teeth, seeing those fangs again caused panic to erupt in her like a molten volcano. The horror gave her strength to throw her self around the wolf; she felt its teeth tear through her clothing just missing her skin as she dashed toward her house.

There it was... hope....she could now see her house.

Please let me get inside.

Two dark wolves were now flanking her, they were grinning exposing those teeth she knew desperately wanted to rip into the flesh to hold her down why they tortured her in other ways.

Way she couldn't cope with...not again.

Alliyah gasped what had she done?

In her terror she had forgotten ...forgotten that she was leading this horde of manic blood thirsty demons toward another.

Someone innocent.

Someone that didn't know what these things were capable of...

She skidded stop two feet in her back yard, to evade the open mouthed leap of another wolf. She ducked and twisted toward her door but a strong hairy arm whipped around her neck and waist, canine teeth extended to press into her neck. She felt their tips push against her thudding artery. She remembered what is what like to be almost bled out like this, knew that the taste of her blood would turn them into the epitome of malice. She stayed stock still.

They had her...

The men who had shifted into wolves, prowled and snarled in front of her. Their hackles raised, fangs bared. Drool dripped from the maws, hot and discoloured.

The tip of one fang penetrated her skin, the hotness of her blood trickled down her neck. The man holding her growled with lust at its taste. He pushed his excitement into her back.

She felt her then, through all of her fear and dread, she felt her coming.

            Please no! Don't come Talon...please stay in your woods. Please stay where you will be safe. Don't come for me Talon...please stay away.