Chapter 10 - fooled

A/N -  not totally happy with this chapter but...needed to have it there....plus have a raging headache so not sure about it I guess ( who know what I have written_ This one is totally unedited and frankly I didn't even reread it...sooo ooopsss anyway hope it's readable at least

Elli relaxed on the lounge, popping potato chips into her mouth and immersed in the movie she was watching on Zarvane's TV. She glanced over at the still inert form of Talon, still motionless as ever, still in the same position. Elli briefly wondered if she would ever wake up. Good night Sleeping Beauty.

            The last few weeks had definitely been an improvement, Zarvane wasn't suddenly nice or anything but he wasn't forceful and violent anymore. He let her out of the room to waltz around the boat whenever he was aboard.

            She touched her belly, thanking God again for the small miracle growing inside her. This baby had already saved her life. She knew that was only the beginning of how it would help her. She would have something over Zarvane once it was born, especially when she informed him about Carden's demise.

This baby would be his only son now.

            Funnily enough, she had hardly thought about Carden. Channing yes. A lot. She wondered since she was carrying a baby that was similar to him, maybe just maybe he would be more accepting of her. She certainly wouldn't say not o carrying his baby.

            She glanced at Talon again, what did she have that Elli didn't?

A few times she saw Zarvane touch her tenderly and it made Elli fume. Talon in whatever form was able to elicit tenderness from the worst of men. She threw a chip at Talon's still form.

            Zarvane came storming through the cabin, Elli heard him muttering something about two not responding whatever that meant.

            He pulled a map off the book shelf and sat on the lounge. To see Zarvane flustered was something new he was all ways in control. Maybe there was  storm coming.

He kept muttering about stupid 'lars', Elli didn't ask even though part of her was intensely curious, she was not that invaluable yet though. Closer but not there yet. Still she wondered what had happened as his flicked between to maps with a frown on his face. Obviously it wasn't a storm.

            After a good ten minutes of mumbling to himself Elli was surprised when Zarvane stood, carefully placed the map back and reached for the box.

Elli knew what was coming but she didn't make a move just yet. There was something terribly sadistic about watching Zarvane chain Talon up. Elli had wished numerous times that Talon was awake to enjoy the feeling of being trapped just like she had been.

He placed a spiked collar carefully around her neck, chained her legs heavily and placed handcuffs around her wrists as well as more chain.

She had asked him why once and he had answered just a precaution, that he wouldn't want her to wake and attack Elli. She wondered if that was true...is voice had held his typical amusement when he had said that and she was beginning to understand his moods a little better now. Normally when he sounded amused she was far off the mark.

Personally if she wasn't pregnant with his child Elli thought he would have loved watching Talon come for her. She could imagine him chomping on popcorn with glee.

            It was extremely unlikely that Talon would wake up anytime soon.

Still...glad to know she wouldn't break loose until he was around to protect her.