Chapter 29 - Life

Everything was connected, everything living had a life signature. And he was connected to them all.

 An ancient told him once that he was born from the loins of life itself.

The rest of the ancients privately murmured words he would never again repeat. He did not believe in destiny but in life, the will to live.

 However, in saying that he  was glad that he had been cautious, seeking and researching all and any prophecies he could find... creating and twisting.

It had been a long time since he had came out of this dark slumber,  his sense barely ever woke him but now... he used to stay near the surface of his conscious, feeling the life above him... but world changed in his absence, cries of pain assaulted his very being as woods were felled and animals culled, the pain he had stored in his heart to remember... to repay.

But as time crept past those pain-filled cries became too numerous, and for the sake of his own sanity he had to mount up his massive mental walls until now... now  he felt a change he was waiting for, felt one of those strategically placed creations awaken...  waiting for release.

She had finally arrived and felt the tie, a connection created so strong that nothing would get between her and that call that sang to her blood, caressed her heart.

After that it would not be long before he was returned, possessing a power that had only grown more intense over this hibernation. A power to avenge the life that was taken in greed... avenge those cries that were stored in his heart.

The beings next to him displayed no brain activity, truly asleep... they never knew what he accomplished, never knew that their prophecy had been bowed to benefit another. Never knew what was sleeping next to them.

Never knew that they would not be the only beings to rise, more powerful than ever before.

 They lay their ignorant of her presence, ignorant that her journey was about to begin, ignorant that she was the key to his emancipation and their destruction.

He mentally smiled, even though they may all awaken only two would leave this living tomb.

Two to find the others and begin their reign again.

He let his senses draw strength to rejuvenate, he  began to faintly sense the threads of the life around him... awaiting his call.

A/N -  just felt like writing that... I've been thinking about him for awhile now? so does this change your view of the tree anyone?