Chapter 18 - my everything

Channing slunk to the edge of the trees, waiting...watching. Drool dripped from his teeth on to the ground.

He despised waiting at anytime, it was against his nature and as the days continued to progress without Talon by his side, his temper was frayed to a knife edge... he had had enough of waiting...he needed to get to his beautiful blonde haired little minx back.

If she was hurt in anyway...the world would pay and pay dearly.

The yearning was so strong for her now that sometimes he felt like he was drowning it.

            "There are eight of the wolves and two black brothers, I thought I felt...," Channing's eyes snapped to Rieden's, "can you take the eight wolves?"

Channing huffed and drew up one side of his muzzle to show his contempt at the question.

If there were hundreds upon thousands he would not hesitate is Talon was on the other side.

Rieden chuckled lowly.

            "How shall we do this?" he whispered.

Channing brazenly stepped out in to the open and suddenly he felt uncontrollably angry, furious at all this crap standing in his way of finding her, the loud snarl that ripped though his muzzle vibrated with vicious challenge and rage.

The effect was instantaneous.

The eight wolves whipped their heads around and growling and snapping, the two men of the group showing nothing but calm calculation; there only movement was to raise their arms.

            "Okay then," laughed Rieden from beside him. The hairs of his next stood on end in a shiver as he heard the crackle of power dancing on Rieden's hands.

He leapt forward, excited to let some of the build up of emotion out. Emotions were something he was not used to.

Ears pinned back and feet flying over the ground, he readied himself to lunge at the nearest wolf oncoming wolf.

He gathered his hind legs under him and sprang, he jaws opened exposing the black death that lurking inside, he growled on the descent, his perfectly time jump going to send his teeth straight for the wolves jugular vein, he felt the familiar blood lust seep over him...he looked to the next wolf, mentally planning the move to make the kill, inches to go he let his front legs fly forward.

He fell hard, sliding some something with a confused thud.

Dazed he pounced to his feet again, hell bent on feeling the warm blood spurt between his teeth, again he found he couldn't reach his target, there was something invisible preventing him from even harming a hair on the wolves head.

He howled his rage.

He raised a malefic gaze to the two men, their hands lifted toward him. He snarled savagely at them barging again and again in to their barrier. He saw no flicker of fear in their eyes at his barred teeth. They would learn the hard way.

He saw the rest of the wolves fly past him and he turned to watch them set their deadly gaze on Rieden.

It was him they wanted.

He whipped around only to run in to another barrier, he snarled attacking it with his claws. He heard an ear splitting crack, Rieden sent a fiery ball of power toward his invisible cage, the men staggered backwards at the force of it of trying to maintain it.

Rieden smiled.

The sky darkened and the wind began to whip the trees in to frenzy.

Rieden, he realised was enjoying this chance to play with his powers.