Chapter 36 - too early

Talon smiled, thinking of Channing, happy that he had been able to calm down slightly since she had performed the lifdagar snúa with Asren and now that he had left with Alliyah and Konall, he was almost relaxed. Talon could tell though that he still wasn't overly amused by the whole occurrence that she chose her own path when it came down to the line.

But both her and Toron could feel something out there, something that nature just wasn't happy with, something that felt like it split up and was just waiting in different areas. Different strategic areas. She had to protect them all and the strength was in numbers in this situation. Added to that feeling was the truth that she really did miss Asren and she really cared deeply for Alliyah as well. She wanted them to make a family.

Talon lay back against Toron's arm, idly playing with the sprouting grass under her fingers. She wondered if she and Channing would ever have a family, what they would be like and whether they could. All she could think about since the bond was Channing, and not PG thoughts either and they were intensifying by the second. He was lucky he wasn't here.

Rieden returned from gathering fruit and sat by her, not leaning against Toron but close enough to say that he accepted her Brother. It made her smile, Channing was out of her domain hunting and even though she understood how hard it was for him to leave her at this time, he did knowing and trusting Toron. Now that she had changed and the Elf part of her had merged with the Slayer side, she could not stomach the thought of eating living tissue.

"So what is out there?" Rieden asked biting in to the juicy flesh of a crisp apple. Talon felt his relief at her bonding with Asren.

"Something that just doesn't feel right," she murmured with a frown.

Do you feel the other, the thing that feels... like us? Toron asked her in her mind.

She nodded, it was a weird sensation, and one that was extremely weak but had a similar call to what Toron had given her drawing her to his tree.

"Who could it be?" she asked him in Elfish.

Toron turned his massive head and regarded her for minute. "It is the benefactor of our blood. We must go to him. He calls to us."

"What?" she said aloud, causing Rieden to whip his gaze towards her.

"What is wrong Tal?" he asked watching Toron carefully.

"We can feel something out there, not the wrong feeling but this faint... calling sensation, I guess. I don't know how to describe it but... Toron said it's," she swallowed at the thought, "it's my Father, whoever that is and that we must go to him."

She watched Rieden pale. His hands quivered. Her eye followed the apples progress as it tumbled on to the grass.

"Do you know his name?" Rieden asked Toron quietly. Toron just stared at him impassively.

"Do you?" she prompted him, Toron did not deem it necessary to converse with any one else.

"Elhendhril." He said to her.

"Elhendhril," she repeated aloud for Rieden. His breath seemed to leave him in a woosh leaving him deflated and thirty years older.

"What is it? Is it bad? Is my Father... bad?" Talon shimmed over to him and placed a cool hand on his back. When he didn't answer she turned back to Toron. "What do you know?"

"His name is in my mind. His name and to protect you with my life," Toron replied.

"Toron, please don't ever forfeit yourself for me, I would never forgive myself," Talon said quietly rubbing circles on Rieden's back each rub delivering small pulses of power.