Chapter 5 - Konall

A/N Hey guys...

Asren...is not really all that exciting at the moment...as he has kind of fell into a deep down cold...place.

So this is Konall's POV and basically its just to show where and what the main characters are up to.....

A LITTLE bit of Zarvane will be next and then there will be a  meeting of some sorts :D between two of the characters...

I'm sure most of you can guess who lol....

Konall sighed heavily as he lowered himself on to the bench seat. This mission of self destruction that Asren was set on was a real nuisance to his innate nature of order and cleanliness. He would have to put his foot down for them to stay at a hotel tonight, sleep in a fresh soft bed, shower and acquire fresh changes of clothes.

He was tired; tired of the constant travelling, tired of the way Asren was pushing him away.

Tired of thinking.

            There was no point trying to mind link with Asren, he was not open to anything that did not involve the search for Talon. It was Konall in the end that erected a barrier between their minds, he had been bombarded with the images of either Talon or the replay of Asren talking to Elli and handing over that abysmal vial, day in day out.

Asren was pushing his body to the limits to find her and Konall understood that, the need to rectify what Asren believed was the worst mistake he had ever made, weighing down on top of that was Asren's belief that Talon, so long ago, had saved his life.

He was gradually returning to the 'warlord' he was when his name had sent shivers or grudging respect through any respectable Ice Slayer male.

And that old self...was as cold and hard as a slab of granite.

When he wasn't searching... he was training...practising fighting moves, pushing his both his human and wolf side to become stronger and fitter. He was becoming colder and colder and less dependant on Konall.

            At one stage Konall began to worry about Asren's mental state as Talon's image would blur to another Ice females visage, one that had an eye missing. Konall of course knew that this was the female that Asren has rescued...but why he was remembering her was not so understandable.

Maybe Asren was scared that would be how he finally found Talon, used and abused. Konall couldn't tell what Asren felt when he saw that girl in his mind as he had stopped letting his emotions slip through with his thoughts some time ago.

All Konall felt from him was coldness...cold enough to turn his veins to ice.

 Konall had to force him to eat...to rest ... to remember he was not a machine.

Konall to be honest, no matter how unfair it seemed, was in two minds about getting Talon back. The blood bond made him desperately want Talon in Asren's life to calm Asren down, to settle him...to give him the love and companionship he clearly was pining for...

But...

It was unnatural for a male Slayer to be bonded with a Brother and Konall could not help but wonder what would happen when Asren and Talon bonded. Talon would most definitely be dominant...and she had a Brother already... Konall couldn't help but wonder at the need for him. 

Asren was already slipping away.

            Asren had been somewhat malleable during their years together, but since the arrival of a female, Konall had felt the slight changes within Asren, he knew and understood that when Asren and Talon were finally blood contacted and together, that he would not be able to influence Asren....he would struggle for even the least bit of control.