The New Boy...

Wendy and Mabel stayed back at the arcade, something about mario, so i walked back to see Melody and Soos huddled close together, talking and giggling.

"Uh.. Hi guys." I say. They looked up with a smile on both there faces.

"Come look at this dude." Soos says. I walk over to see a picture. Its black and white, it was a sonogram.

"Look at it." Melody says. I smile.

"I happy for you two." I said. They looked at each other and smiled. Soos got up and grabbed my shoulder leading me to the other room.

"I need to talk to you." Soos says.

"What's up?" I ask.

"I asked Melody to marry me." He says. I start laughing of pure joy.

"Really dude! That's awesome!" I said we hugged. Soon he pulled away and looked at me.

"We plan to do it here. In a few weeks." He says.

"That's cool!" I said. A smile plastered across my face.

"I want you to be my best man." He says. My eyes go wide and my fave drops. I start crying and hug him.

"Of course! Of course I will!" I say. He hugs me back, we stay like this for a while. I pull away and pat his shoulder, we walk back into the kitchen.

I see Wendy sitting down next to Melody. The curtains were open letting the sun creepy in. It hit her face showing her soft features, her hair looked like fire. She looked up and saw me looking at her.

She smiles and gets up, she walks up to me. She lead me into the room I was just in.

"Did Soos ask you to be his best man?" She asks. She was close to me and my heart sped up.

"Uh... Yeah." I said scratching the back of my neck.

"That's cool dude!" She says punching my arm.

"Uh.. Wendy can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Me first?" She asks. I nod and smiled. Hoping she'd ask me to be her date like I was going to do. "I met someone."

"What?" I asked, feeling my heart break.

"His name is Richard, I met him at the arcade. He's cute and funny, also smart. He asked me out. But I wanted you to hang out with him." She says.

"Why?" I asked confused, my heart breaking, but filling with anger.

"I want my best friend to accept the guy I date." She says. I fight back tears.

"Yeah. No problem." I say. She jumps up and hugs me.

"Thank you so much Dipper!" She says. I hug her back and savoir the moment. She pulls away and walks back in the kitchen.

I walked up stairs, trying not to fall apart. When I enter my room and close the door, I fell on my bed and cried.

Why?

She tried to kiss me earlier.

That means she likes me...

Right?

Probably the heat of the moment..

Soon I fall asleep to the thought of Wendy.

Even though I knew I shouldn't.

I knew I needed to get over her.