Prologue

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of the characters and some of the dialogue from the show Prison Break. This book is a work of fiction based on the show and should not be seen as trying to claim content as my own. May contain adult content, so anyone under the age of 18 should read at their own risk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I paced around the man I had tied up, smiling at his attempts to get out of the binds that tied him to the chair. He had duct tape on his mouth and dry blood caked his face where I beat him.

"Did you really think that I wouldn't find you?" I asked, running my hand across his back as I came around to face him again. I slammed my hands on the arms of the chair and came close to his face. "Did you?!" I yelled. He whimpered and I chuckled humorlessly. Without warning, I ripped the duct tape off and he howled in pain. "Shut-up!" I screamed, smacking him hard. His face whipped to the side and he gritted his teeth to stop from crying out.

"Please...why are you doing this?" He asked, spitting out blood. I cocked my head and stood up straight.

"Why am I doing this? You really want to know?" I asked him, taking out my knife. He glanced at the knife, shaking with fear, but still nodded. I squatted and pressed the knife to his arm. "Why don't you ask the men that hired you? The organization, the government, whatever they are." I slid the knife down his arm, slicing it like butter. I didn't care that he screamed then. I wanted to hear him scream and cry out, beg me to stop, or even try to yell for help. None of that would stop me.

"No, please!! I'll do anything! I'll turn them in!" He shrieked and I laughed, walking to stand behind him.

"Honey, there's no one to turn in." I commented, aligning myself perfectly.

"W-what do you mean?" I bent down and whispered in his ear.

"I killed all of them."

With that, I dragged the knife across his throat and reveled at the sound of him drowning in his blood. I tossed the knife aside and wrapped my hands around his gushing throat, closing my eyes as the feeling of euphoria washed over me in a wave of heat. His blood spilled over my fingers and dripped down to the floor. I laughed manically, thinking about my next victim and how good it was going to feel when I drive a knife through his heart.

After I washed my hands and cleaned up my weapons, I grabbed my bag and proceeded to walk outside, leaving the man's body right where it was so that when his people found him, they would see him, like the others I'd killed, as a lesson and a warning. As soon as I stepped outside, guns cocked. 

"Stop right where you are!" Someone yelled through a bullhorn. The police had the place surrounded and lights from the helicopters shined on me. Well shit. My eyes flitted around, trying to find an escape route, but there was none. This was the first time I'd ever been in a situation where I couldn't escape from. I took a step, and all fingers went on the triggers.

"Take one more step and you're dead!" Another yelled. I sighed and dropped my bag and held my hands up.

"Don't shoot!" I yelled as I bent down to discard all of my weapons. I had two guns over my shoulders, a knife in my shirt, two more strapped to my hips, and four strapped to my leg. I took out the screwdriver and wrench and my dart gun. When I was done, I straightened up and held my hands up again. The leader did some hand motions and three guys ran up to me, yanking my arms behind my back. "Melanie, you are under arrest for the murders of Tom Winkle, Jeremy shin, Robert Knead.." I rolled my eyes as they read me my rights and the names of the men and women that I murdered.

"Careful gentlemen, I am breakable." I said, winking as they slapped handcuffs on me.

"Yeah, and I'm stupid." One commented. I smiled and shook my head as they lead me to one of the squad cars. "Watch your head." He said, pushing me into the backseat. The car surprisingly smelled fairly new and I sat sideways in the car, stretching my legs out. One officer sat in the passenger seat while the other went to, who I'm guessing was, the captain. I looked out the window and saw the cops searching the house and one even stumbled out and threw up. I laughed and adjusted myself, getting uncomfortable since my hands were behind my back.

"Look at them. A bunch of pussies. Can't even handle a little bit of blood." I said. The officer that was in the car with me said nothing and I sat up, wanting to irritate him for a bit. "Why aren't you out there helping your men? Are you scared of what you might find too?" I asked through the gate that separated the front and the back seats.

"Please stop talking." He muttered, not looking at me. I looked him up and down. He was kinda cute, in a young boyish way. He seemed to be in his early twenties, and probably new to the force.

"Aww, you said please. Like that's supposed to get me to stop talking. What are you, the babysitter?" I wondered. His jaw ticked and I smiled. "Ohhh, you are the babysitter. They don't want the newbie to get a piece of the action, am I right?" Or maybe--" The officer banged his hand against the gate, making me jump back, heart pounding for a few seconds.

"Shut the fuck up!" He yelled, face turning beet red. "You talk again and I'll put a bullet through your shoulder, understand?" I bit my lip and held in a laugh.

"You wouldn't." I stated. He cocked his head.

"Try me." My eyes widened for a bit before I broke out in a smile.

"I like you." I said, leaning back and sighing. He turned to face the front when the other officer came and slid into the driver's seat.

"You okay, Reggie?" He asked the young guy and he nodded, glancing back at me one more time. I blew him a handless kiss and his face turned red again.

"Yeah, Carter. I'm good." Reggie responded. Carter started the car and drove out of the wooded area, where the man I killed was camping. As he drove to the police station, a thought crossed my mind. Only one person knew of where I was going to be. The exact time and location. That means she betrayed me.

And she was going to pay.