Chapter 28

"Wait, bro, you serious?" C-note asked, eyes lighting up. That made me smile because I knew how much he wanted to get back to his family. Michael nodded and looked around, I'm guessing to make sure no one was overhearing our conversation. Just then, a bus pulled up and inmates started shouting.

"Freshmen!" A bunch of guys ran to the gate where the bus was driving in and we watched from where we were standing. The old inmates called the new inmates coming in freshmen because of how lost they would look and act and they could easily be picked on. I saw a couple of young boys and old men, and I lost interest.

"No way." I heard T-bag mutter and that made me lift my eyes back to the bus. A slow smile spread on my face as I saw Abruzzi step off, confidence rolling off of him in waves. His greasy hair was cut low and shaved on the sides. He looked healthier and broader and I couldn't believe that this was the same Abruzzi that was just here a week ago.

"I won't stop him if he tries to kill you." I said, turning to T-bag. He just licked his lips and stuffed his hands in his pockets. When Abruzzi got close, I ran to him and gave him a big hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay." I said as he squeezed me back, chuckling.

"Well, hello to you too, darling. I'm alive because of you, so I owe you one." he winked and we walked over to the guys, who greeted him as if he never left. T-bag stayed in the back, trying not to draw attention to himself, but Abruzzi had already spotted him. "Excuse me for a second." He walked around us and headed towards T-bag, who straightened up and fixed his hat.

"Hey man, uh, looking good." T-bag said, staring at the thick red line the graced Abruzzi's neck where he tried to kill him. Abruzzi smiled and grabbed T-bag by the front of his shirt. "How about we, uh, let the things of the past stay in the past, huh?" he asked, fear laced in his voice.

"I am a changed man, Theodore." He let him go and even smoothed out his shirt for him. I raised my eyebrows at the action and looked at the others, who just shrugged. T-bag laughed nervously, eyes flitting around.

"Truce?" he extended his hand and Abruzzi shook it, a glint in his eyes.

"Truce." Abruzzi turned around to face Michael. "Am I still a part of this plan you got going on." Michael smiled and nodded.

"Was wondering when you would come back. Didn't wanna leave you behind." Abruzzi smirked.

"When's it going down?"

"Tonight. Call your man and tell him to be ready with the plane." Michael told him and Abruzzi nodded and walked off in the direction of the phones. He pushed someone out the way and started dialing. I looked at T-bag, who looked like he was about to throw up.

"You really think he's a changed man?" I asked him, walking closer.

"I believe his is what he says he is. There's no reason to think otherwise." T-bag said smartly, which made me smile.

"I really hope he's just putting on a front so I can see him rip your head clean off." I whispered in his ear, trailing my finger against his throat. He grabbed my finger and starting bending it.

"Let's see how loud you scream when I snap your finger in half." he threatened. I could feel the pain igniting through my nerves, but I ignored it.

"Well, John does owe me for saving his life. Don't make me request that he take yours." T-bag let go of my finger so fast, you would've thought he was holding fire. I laughed and patted his back. "Good choice, Theodore."

"Line it up! Play times over!" The guard yelled and we started walking back to the building.

"Make sure your uniforms are completely white. Put them under your clothes so when we leave, you can strip down easily. Sucre, give Abruzzi the extra one you made for me." Michael ordered and Sucre nodded. Westmoreland was walking next to me and I saw him look over at the break room.