Chapter 12

I walked over to Abruzzi's cell, where he was having some sort of meeting.

"You used me." I interrupted and everyone turned to look at me. Abruzzi raised an eyebrow.

"How so?" he asked, rising. I cautiously looked around at the other men in the cell before speaking again.

"I thought you wanted me to help you because you actually needed my help. You just wanted a piece of what Michael had to offer!" I said, raising my voice.

"Everybody out!" Abruzzi yelled and the men didn't think twice before exiting. When it was just me and him, he walked towards me, determination on his face. "You better be careful blurting stuff like that out. I don't need everyone thinking me and Scofield are buddies."

"I'm not helping you again." I hissed. "I'm done helping Michael too." I turned to leave but his next words stopped me.

"So you mean to say that you're going to risk your husband getting executed because of something as petty as being 'used'?" He asked and I heard his footsteps come closer behind me. His words hit me hard and I realized how childish I was being. "Don't be stupid, darling." Abruzzi whispered in my ear before walking around me and leaving.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, my mind trying to sort through everything that has been happening. Once I was calm, I walked back to Michael's cell, which had a white sheet pulled over it. I pulled it back and Sucre jumped off the bed, yanking me in. His eyes were wide as he looked out to make sure no one else saw before putting the sheet back in place.

"Jesus, Melanie! Are you trying to sabotage this entire plan?" He whispered fiercely. I frowned, not knowing what he was talking about. I looked around the cell, but Michael wasn't in here.

"What are you talking about? And where the hell is Michael? I need to apologize to him."

"He's down under. Checking things out." Sucre said, pointing to the sink. Before I could ask what he was talking about, a knocking sound came from the sink and Sucre hurried to it, moving it aside. I gasped when I saw Michael crawl from the large hole behind of it.

"What in the world..." I whispered as Michael stood up. He looked at me and then at Sure, who shrugged.

"I came to apologize. I wasn't thinking straight and I'm sorry." I said quickly and he nodded, putting the sink back in place.

"P.I.!" An officer yelled and I stepped out of their cells. Michael and Sucre followed behind me and I narrowed my eyes.

"What are you guys doing?" I asked, walking down the hall and out the door.

"We're part of P.I., mamí." Sucre answered, grinning. Michael just smirked and we walked to the yard and into the guards break room, where we were fixing up. I stopped in my tracks when I saw the people that were in there. Michael and Sucre walked past me and into the room.

"Uhh, what's going on?" I asked, walking in slowly. C-note, Abruzzi, Michael, Sucre, Lincoln, and an old man were all in there as if this was planned. "Since when are you guys a part of P.I.?" I asked Michael. He sat down on a raised piece of wood and I walked over and stood by Lincoln, who winked at me.

"Since you were thrown in the SHU." Abruzzi answered, picking his teeth. "Now what's so important that you had to have all these extra people in here?"

"These are the guys we're breaking out with." Michael answered and my jaw dropped. Apparently, none of the other guys knew of this either because I could see confusion and anger cross many of their faces. Abruzzi went up to Michael and grabbed his jaw.

"I don't think so, Fish." Abruzzi rebutted. Lincoln watched and wiped his mouth, leaning on the cabinet in front of him. "That was not our agreement." Abruzzi pointed to Lincoln. "I'm not gonna work with this crazy...rhino."

"Keep pushing it, John." Lincoln muttered, hand on his head.

"Yeah I keep pushing it, you know. What's your deal man?" Abruzzi asked, arms out, facing Lincoln. Lincoln stalked towards Abruzzi and grabbed his shirt.

"Touch my brother again, and I'll show you." He threatened. I reached my arm out to touch Lincoln's shoulder.

"Babe." I murmured and he licked his lips and stepped back, annoyance on his face. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it, trying to calm himself down.

"We've only got a few minutes. We're gonna spend them spitting on each other, or are we gonna talk some business?" Michael asked smartly. "The reason we're all here today is because we have a decision to make—"

"Yeah, and what's that?" C-note asked.

"We have to make sure that we don't turn on each other, no matter what happens, got it?" My eyes went to C-note, thinking about when he approached me in the kitchen.

"Can't guarantee that, Mikey." I said, not happy with who was coming with us. "Why are all of them in on this anyway?"

"Don't worry about it." Michael answered, and that ticked me off.

"Don't worry about it? What, you think we're supposed to trust that these band of cons aren't gonna just uproot this entire operation?" I asked. "Lincoln's life is on the line and if any of them do anything that can mess this up, so help me I will-"

"You'll do what, princess? Throw a fit like you're doing now? C'mon now, quit the hard act. It's getting old. Why don't you sit back and let the men do this." C-note interrupted and a wave of anger came over me. I didn't think as I rushed over to him, wanting to throttle the life out of him. Arms grabbed me back and I tried to get free.

"Melanie, stop it." Lincoln's voice said in my ear and I stopped fighting him. C-note nodded at me and looked at Lincoln.

"Control your girl." Was all he said before he started walking out.

"Watch your back." I called after him as he left. Lincoln let go of me and I turned around to face him.

"I know you wanna make sure everything goes fine for me, but you can't just beat up every guy that makes you mad, okay? Control your anger." Lincoln chastised and I looked away, feeling like a little kid getting disciplined. "Hey, hey, look at me." He said softly. My eyes went to his and he held my chin. "Everything is going to be fine, okay? Don't worry about me." He kissed me and pulled me in for a hug.

"Aw, how precious. Now when do we start doing some actual work to get out of here?" Abruzzi asked, folding his arms across his chest. Michael looked at me.

"Someone on the outside called in for my transfer to another facility." Before we could protest, he held up his hand. "I've put in an injunction to stop the process, but in case something goes wrong, Melanie, I need you to take my place."

"And do what?"

"Go in the hole." He answered, and Sucre sputtered.

"What? Papí, we don't have time for delays and she wouldn't even know where to go." Sucre argued, walking up to Michael. Michael took out a piece of paper and handed it to me.

"These are instructions as to where you need to go. I need you to find another place where we could go through besides the hole in mine and Sucre's cell. But that's only if they have me transferred." Michael explained as I took the paper he handed me. There were lines on lines and words next to the lines to help navigate me through the pipes. "Think you can do it?" He asked.

"I don't like this plan." Lincoln voiced. "What if she gets hurt or caught? What are you gonna do then?"

"I just won't get caught or hurt." I answered, staring at the piece of paper. Now that I was back on board, I would do anything to help get Lincoln out. "What does he have to do with all of this? He's been quiet this entire time." I pointed to the old man I spotted earlier, who was rubbing his cat.

"You'll see." Michael said, and I rolled my eyes, knowing that whenever Michael said that, it was because he had a bigger plan in mind.