Chapter 4 : Red and Black

Olive, huh?

If Naia's information is true, then Olive must be the codename of that guy. Or perhaps, the actress? What if she's also one of them? Man, this could get complicated.

Bigla namang bumukas ang pinto at pumasok si Cliff sa kwarto ko habang dala niya ang laptop at iba niya pang apparatus. He sat right next to me and I saw an active chatroom flashed on his screen.

Olive: you're that actress from three years ago, aren't you?

Guest: what are you saying? Who are you?

Olive: I'm a Black. We've been looking for you for a long time. Prepare yourself for your punishment.

Guest left the chatroom.

Cliff and I looked at each other, trying to confirm our own speculations. Olive must be one of the Blacks, a member of Nox Organization and his target was an actress. Something must have happened three years ago.

"I gave you the names of the actors and actresses present in the film they are shooting a while ago, right?" sabi ni Cliff at kinuha ko ang papel na binigay niya sa akin kanina sa bulsa ko. Sabay naming tinignan 'yon at may tatlong pangalan ang naka-label bilang actresses.

"Joy Reyes, Geraldine Sera and Fatima Trillas, huh. I think we have narrowed down our target," I said. "By the way, where's Jett?"

"He's following the Black using his animus."

I adjusted the frequency of my earpiece to match his and I immediately heard his footsteps. Binuksan ko ulit ang laptop ko at pumunta sa software para ma-contact si Naia.

"Naia, can you hear me?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Search anything about these actresses' activities and news three years ago. I'll send you their names."

"Roger."

I sent the names and inputted the necessary information in the software. We were trained to document all our missions so that we have proofs and we could view the files easily. Now it became a habit whenever we get details or information regarding an event or a person.

Bigla ko namang nadaanan ang files na ginawa ko for Nigel Grand at nahati na naman ang focus ko sa trabaho. I really want to meet him and ask him about what happened to my mother years ago. Dad said he was the only survivor in their team and nobody knew why he didn't return to Cerebrum when Dad discovered that he was alive just a few days ago.

"Nel," Cliff called. "The chatroom is active again." Pagkasabi niya no'n ay tinignan ko ulit ang screen niya.

Guest is typing...

Guest: Let's meet. I'm going to negotiate with you.

Olive: I see that you're afraid to die. Okay. When and where?

Guest: My room, 6 PM. I'm sure you already know where it is.

Olive: Of course. But I'm warning you, woman. Don't make or plan any stupid move or else I'll kill you immediately.

Guest left the chatroom.

Olive: Let's see if you'll survive the night.

Nagkatinginan ulit kami ni Cliff dahil nagkaroon kami ng additional information. There would be a negotiation later and I'm sure something would happen during their talk. But this actress was a bit disturbing, too. What did she do before to have a Black chasing her?