Chapter 43 : Redemption

I stifled a sob in an attempt to hide my vulnerability but after hearing his voice and words, the wave of emotions broke down my defense. I didn't care if I was tattered and exhausted. All I needed was his presence.

The burnt chip fell to the ground and Dale released me from his grip. My knees buckled, and I slumped to the floor, the chains on my hands and feet clanged against each other.

"Look who's here," Dale smirked as he looked at Dad. "Commander Priam."

"Stay away from my daughter," Dad ordered.

The drug lost its effect and I felt the exhaustion all over my body. My mind was buzzing with too many thoughts and voices. The wounds I received were throbbing painfully. I wanted to go to Dad's side but I didn't have any strength left to even move my fingers.

"Are you here to save her?" he asked and he made me stand by pulling my hair.

I groaned but even I, couldn't hear my own voice. My sight was turning hazy but I could still make out Dad's figure several meters away from us.

'Dad' I muttered but I wasn't sure if I reached his mind.

"Leather," Dale called and I heard approaching footsteps. "Or are you here to save your wife and her comrades?"

Damn him. How could he do this to his own tribe members? How did the good-natured Dale turn into a horrible monster?

"You shouldn't have—!"

Everything happened so fast that I wasn't able to follow their movements. The next thing I knew, Dale was already kneeling on the ground, coughing up blood, as Dad stood before him.

"Know you place, boy," Dad conveyed while looking down at his enemy. "I am the one who commands, not you."

If I wasn't in this state, I would've looked at my father with a proud smile on my face. According to some rumors, he was the strongest Executive before he became the Commander. My grandmother, the previous head of the tribe, saw that he was ready to lead so she gave her position to him even though she could still govern. That move made him unable to go to major battles because he was needed inside the tribe to do administrative decisions. I have never seen him in a fight . . . until now.

Naramdaman ko naman ang pagluwag ng mga kadenang nakakabit sa mga kamay at paa ko. Paglingon ko ay nakita ko sina Fenn at Von at agad nila akong inilayo mula kina Dad at Dale.

"You're safe now," Von told me and I had to choke back my tears because I didn't want them to see me more miserable than this.

They were both injured after that fight with the Magnus team but it seemed like the hesitation in their eyes had dissipated.

"W-where's Nigel and U-Ulysses?" I asked but it sounded like a mumble.

Napangiti naman si Von. "This kid. You're all tattered and you're still worried about them?"

"Don't worry, they're not weak," dagdag naman ni Fenn. "They're wounded but they won't die easily."

I wasn't sure if that was reassuring enough but hearing them treat their comrades' conditions lightly must mean they would be alright. I hope.

"PRIAM!" Dale roared and his Navis surrounded him, acting like a shield. He slowly stood up, his eyes glistened with rage and malignity.

Para namang lumubog ang puso ko nang makita ko ang mga mukha nila. Ansel, Mom, Zeno, along with other Navis and zuersts stood in front of their boss without any expressions on their faces.