Chapter 12 : Spider's Eye

Before he could finish his attack, I deflected it with the dagger strapped on my legs. I immediately rolled away from him and hit the switch on the wall. The sudden flash of light illuminated the whole room and made me squint. On the other hand, Spider shut his eyes off, giving me a chance for another attack.

I didn't waste that chance and lunged at him with my dagger. With a swift movement, I slashed his side and before he could utter a sound, I targeted his pressure point on the neck, nauseating him and soon after, he fainted.

Pagkatapos no'n ay nag-collapse ako sa gilid niya dahil sa sobrang bilis ng pangyayari. He easily saw through my disguise but I was lucky since I caught him off-guard. Damn, that was really close.

Pinindot ko kaagad ang earring ko at ni-report sa kanila ang nangyari.

"I was attacked by Spider and he knew that I am an Erityian."

"What? Where are you? I'll go there," tanong ni Cliff kaya naman sinabi ko kaagad kung nasaan ako.

"What did you do to him?" tanong naman ni Jett.

"I knocked him out," I said.

"At least you didn't kill him."

"Good thing you didn't kill him."

What? These men, really . . .

"You guys! Do you think I will kill this guy just because he saw me?!"

"Yeah," halos sabay pa nilang sagot at napataas ang kilay ko.

"Hey!"

"Anyway, Nel. You should hide him first. We don't want any Black to discover him knocked out inside that room. I'll fetch you in a while," sabi ni Cliff.

"He's right. I'll move into another position so that I can see what's happening in your area," dagdag ni Cliff.

Napabuntong-hininga na lang ako at nag-agree sa plano nila. Man, why do I have people who can't even follow and listen to their captain's instructions and words?

Pagkatapos ng pag-uusap namin ay tinignan ko ulit si Spider. His hideous appearance was still creeping me out but I had no choice. With the chains and rope I found inside this room, I gagged and tied him up, hoping that he wouldn't regain his consciousness yet. After that, I dragged him inside the toilet and put a listening device on his clothes so that we could wiretap him once he wakes up.

"Cliff," I said after tapping my earring. "Where are you right now?"

"I was just about to call you. Don't get out of there yet," he said in a serious tone.

"What? Why? What happened?"

'He's here again.' Nagulat naman ako dahil bigla siyang gumamit ng patheia. That meant the enemy is within his range and he was near my location.

'Who?'

'Dim, and he's looking for Spider.'

'What?'

Kanina lang ay pinatawag niya si Cliff at ngayon ay nandito na naman siya? Natahimik kami pareho at alam kong isa lang ang nasa isip namin ngayon. I immediately turned off the light and did what I have to do.

'Be careful.'

'Yeah.'

'Five meters.'

'Got it.'

After two seconds, I stepped out of the room.

The Blacks roaming outside were surprised by my appearance. Dim stopped in front of me, and I tried my best to imitate his expression.