Chapter 44 : Clash of the Titans

Dale's blood trickled from my dagger and the strong scent of iron filled the air. There were fallen agents and Blacks everywhere but this war was nowhere near done.

Dad suddenly stepped forward and I was about to move closer to him when I felt an overwhelming presence and desire to kill. My eyes searched for Dale and I flinched when I saw his posture. His shoulders and upper body were hunched, as if he was in a half-conscious state. He slowly lifted his head up and reached over the deep cut I just gave him. A chill ran down my spine when his lips curved upward, giving us a subtle yet sinister smile.

"It's been a while since I felt pain," he muttered and his eyes glinted with thrill just like a predator

The smile on his face was replaced with a menacing expression. This was the first time I saw him with such unsympathetic look.

'Nel, step back,' Dad said and I was just about to tell him that I could still fight when a blast of air sent me flying away from them.

Pagtingin ko ay hindi ko na makita sina Dad at Dale. Blacks and agents were getting thrown because of the pressure wave from their attacks, which my eyes couldn't even follow.

Everything was in chaos. The atmosphere was filled with the sound of weapons hitting each other and battle cries of both Blacks and agents.

"If you keep on spacing out . . ." I immediately turned around when I heard Cliff's voice and saw him bringing down four Blacks simultaneously who were all running toward my direction. "You'll get yourself killed."

Running toward him, I jumped as high as I could and threw the chain where my dagger was attached to the two Blacks who stood right after Cliff subdued them.

"I am not," I retorted while landing behind him. "And I could say the same to you."

"Hey idiots, on your left!" sigaw naman ni Naia pero pagtingin naming ay may nakatanim nang bala sa mga noo nila.

"Idiots, alright."

A quick smile escaped my lips when the four of us were fighting together again. We immediately attacked the enemies who surrounded us while both Jett and Naia provided support. Cliff stood behind me, our backs against each other, as dozens of Blacks lunged at us.

I wanted to see what was happening in the fights between the Executives and Zuersts, and between Dad and Dale, but it seemed like the Nox Organization gathered most of their members here in the rooftop.

The pill gave me a boost in speed and strength but I was quite worried with the duration of its efficacy. I had already taken three and the time of its effectiveness would be shortened. Besides, the aftereffects would be surely nasty. Hindi ko alam kung ilang oras o minuto pa ako tatagal pero kailangan kong makita si Mom. I wanted to see the end of this.

'Go,' Cliff suddenly said.

'We'll take care of these small fry.'

'Naia . . .'