Chapter 37 : Clash of the Reds

---

---

The desperate yells and hurried footsteps of people filled the whole building. The auction had been suspended due to the upheaval. I still felt bad for that child but I have to do my mission or else, her death would be meaningless.

"Naia, can you connect me to Yue?"

"She's currently assisting the agents. I'll relay your message."

"There are Erityian children and other creatures down here. Tell her to dispatch agents to free them."

"Roger."

"Let's go," I ordered to Cliff who was still displeased after Ebony escaped.

Napasulyap naman ako ulit sa room kung nasaan ang mga bata pati na rin ang iba pang mga hindi na-auction . . . at kay Coal. His body lay lifeless on the floor with Jett's bullet embedded on the middle of his skull.

Ebony managed to take flight but Cliff had inflicted him a critical blow on his chest. He's quite a monster for a human.

Lumabas kami ni Cliff mula ro'n gamit ang kabilang pintuan dahil paniguradong nasa auction hall ngayon ang Blacks para i-check ang mga pangyayari.

We went to the hallway but it was still crowded with people from the auction hall. Some were pushing each other out of their ways to save themselves while others were collapsing due to panic.

"This way!" sigaw ko.

Instead of going to the lobby and main entrance, we went to the upper floors which are restricted even to zweites, except Ebony. Only him and the zuersts were allowed to access the 2nd and 3rd floors and this might be because of the Navis.

Halos kakaakyat pa lang namin ng hagdan nang bigla na lang nawala ang steps at naging flat ang mga ito na parang naging inclined walkway. We were forced to run faster or else, the smooth surface would make us fall.

"Intruders! Chromes are here!"

Pagtingin namin sa baba ay nakatutok na ang mga baril ng Blacks sa amin.

"Jett," tawag ko.

"On it."

Before their bullets could reach us, Jett showered them with his own ammunition. Cliff and I ran away but we were welcomed with a bunch of traps along the way. I almost got beheaded when a huge scythe swiftly surfaced from the wall and slashed everything within its range.

"Dammit! This is like Nigel's house with all these annoying mechanisms!" reklamo ko habang patuloy pa rin kaming tumatakbo.

"Are you turning dull now?" he teased and I glared in return.

"As if, slowpoke!"

I was about to give him another nasty glare when I heard him laughing behind me but we both halted when we saw what was happening outside from the windows. This area is a lair for the underground community and criminals and it seemed like the locals already knew about that because nobody stayed in the civinity besides the viertes and quintes. However, surrounding them was a herd of agents and humdrum authorities—mainly from FBI and CIA.