Chapter 13 : Spider's Hunt

Shit. C'mon, Jett. Answer the damn device!

Ilang ulit na akong tumatawag pero wala pa ring sumasagot sa linya niya. Kung tama nga ang sinabi ng Blacks kanina, he might be the one who was detected by their system.

'Do you think he's being cornered right now?' I asked as Cliff walked beside me.

'Maybe. Don't worry, he can still fight at short distance.'

'I know, but still, if he's discovered, it'll be detrimental to our mission. At times like this, we need her assistance.'

I immediately tapped my left earring and after a few seconds, I heard her voice.

"What happened?" tanong agad ni Naia.

"I think Jett is in trouble, though I am not yet sure. Can you send his coordinates?"

"Roger," sagot naman niya. "Oh, right. I have a news for you."

"News?"

"There's a disturbance in the underground community these past few days and somehow, I think it's related to the Nox. Anyway, I'll tell you about it later."

Naia ended the call and Cliff and I hurriedly passed through the crowd of Blacks blocking the path but Cliff suddenly grabbed my arm. I was about to ask what the heck was he doing when a group of Blacks went to a different path. We followed them and ended up in a huge lobby connected to a balcony at the third floor. It seemed like this side of the building only belonged to the Blacks since all the people present here were them. From here, we could clearly see the team of Numbers running into a nearby building.

'Isn't that where Jett is?' tanong ko kaagad at nakita kong worried na rin ang expression ni Cliff.

'Let's go.'

We were about to exit the building through the balcony but a guy suddenly blocked the way. Napahinto kami at tumingin naman ang ilang Blacks na nasa paligid dahil sa ginawa niya.

"And where do you think are you going?" tanong niya at may lumapit sa kanyang isang babae.

"That job is for Chamber 4 members only. Don't interfere."

Their vibes were different from the normal viertes and when I heard Chamber 4, I realized they were the topmost viertes here. Then, that means . . .

'Looks like my hypothesis is correct,' biglang sabi ni Cliff. 'The first to third ranks are given to the three drittes.'

'That means Chamber 1 is the room were our meeting happened.'

'If these two are 4 and 5, then that means they're the top viertes here. We shouldn't make any hasty decisions.'

'Okay. I just hope that Jett is fine.'

Nakatayo lang kami roon at naghihintay ng update tungkol sa nangyari sa building na 'yon. I was about to contact Jett again when a couple of Blacks started running back to the Chambers.

"Hey, we can watch what's happening in the Chamber!" sigaw ng isa at nagkatinginan naman kami ni Cliff.

Agad kaming tumakbo pabalik at nang nakarating kami sa Chamber 21 ay tama nga ang sinabi nila. There was a live footage of what was happening outside from different angles. It seemed like they installed a lot of cameras in the vicinity.

Umupo kami sa harap ng monitor at buti na lang ay wala nang tao rito ngayon kundi kaming dalawa lang.

The guy at the rooftop was still not aware of the Blacks who were trying to surround him. He had his back at the camera so I couldn't see his face, but his built and the guns on his waist were similar to Jett. I tried dialing him again but to no avail. Napatigil naman ako sa paggalaw nang bigla kong nakita ang ilang Blacks na umaaligid na sa kanya. Tatawagan ko na sana ulit siya nang nakita kong humawak siya sa tenga niya.