Chapter 15 : Nightfall

"Jett, your coordinates?" Cliff asked while opening his laptop.

"Passing through the tunnel, five kilometers away from there," sagot naman niya.

Fortunately, the road to Nigel's hideout wasn't a problem since only few vehicles travel this way. I stopped the car in the middle of the road and prepared our plans while waiting for them. Cliff had his two laptops in front of him and when I saw some network connections when I glanced at those. After a few seconds, cctv footages along the highway were projected to one of his screens while the other had some programs running. Kinuha ko naman ang dagger ko at saka nagpalit ng anyo. Once again, I changed into Spider.

"Nel, 1.2 kilometers," Cliff warned. "They're here."

Just as he said, three black Fords raced along the highway and two guys leaned outside the cars with their guns aimed at us.

"Cliff, do the honors," I said and he heaved a sigh. He left his laptops on the backseat and reached for his guns.

"I should've been the driver," he grumbled as I start the engine.

Stepping on the pedals, I rushed toward the cars as Cliff leaned outside the window, pointing his two guns at the guy in the first car. The Black fired a shot and I had to swerve the wheel to the right to allow Cliff to have a better space for his target. When he got the right angle, he simultaneously pulled the triggers.

The guy on the window yelped, his blood trickling down his shoulder, as Cliff fired another one, disarming the guy. He fell from the car but the driver didn't mind. The two cars followed and showered us with bullets, but my guys were faster.

A black Porsche 911 stopped in the middle of the road, several meters behind the three cars, and standing on top of it was Jett. With his beloved rifle, he gunned down the bullets fired by the Blacks wih his own special bullets and they ricocheted away from us, while Cliff shot the driver in each car, causing them to crash against each other.

The cars exploded simultaneously and only two guys managed to get out alive. One of them was Dim. He looked and grinned at me, as if the explosion was nothing.

"Still keeping that facade, Red?" sabi niya at bigla namang nag-collapse ang kasama niya sa tabi niya.

"Hah. Seems like you don't hate Spider," I said, taunting him with a menacing smile. "I taught I might piss you off," I added and his expression turned dark.

"Where is he?" tanong niya.

"I am here," sagot ko naman habang nakangisi.

"I see." Suddenly, he pulled a gun out of his coat and aimed at me. At the same time, Cliff and Jett both pointed their guns at him.

"I don't think you have the right to do that," I said, sneering.

"You think so?"

Without notice, another car came racing toward us. Jett, who was positioned just before the approaching car, turned around and aimed at it.

"You're underestimating us," Dim added still pointing his pistol at me. I smiled in return and reverted to my original appearance.

"Well clearly, you're doing the same thing."

Just after I said that, he went rigid for a second and the next thing he knew, blood started to leak through his black coat. Jett had shot Dim backhandedly without even moving an inch from his spot, while Cliff fired a bullet at the charging car, and one of its tires exploded.

'You hit a long range quite cleanly. That's a first,' Jett commented.

'You know that that's not my range. You should've taken that instead of Dim,' sagot naman ni Cliff.