Chapter 8 : Tragic Memories

"We managed to track the movements of some quinte and vierte but the 'circles' above them work meticulously so their traces are harder to see," Nigel said while operating the control area.

The room was like a larger and more advanced version of his station above. Half of the left side was occupied by the control area where several wired equipment and buttons could be seen. Beside it was a collection of peculiar equipment that I had never seen before but I could sense that those were dangerous, even for skilled agents. On the center of the room, huge computer screens hovered and I couldn't understand how they stayed in air without any wire, stand or anything that could support their weight. They were just . . . floating.

My eyes drifted on the right side where different kinds of weapon were stocked and there were also shelves containing folders and papers which looked old. But what amazed me was the Erityian writings on the wall which only glowed once a shadow passed them.

"Is it true? Nigel killed a dritte?" Kiyoko suddenly asked and I couldn't look at her without feeling nauseous because her eyes were too distracting. I still couldn't believe that her eyes have different colors, and from different tribes.

"Yeah," maikling sagot sa kanya ni Jett.

"Why did you do that?" sabay harap ni Kiyoko kay Nigel. "I thought you're going to infiltrate them once more?"

"Sorry. That guy was pissing me off," sagot ni Nigel sa kanya.

Saglit namang umalis si Kiyoko dahil may pinakuha sa kanya si Nigel. Lumapit ako kay Nigel nang wala na si Kiyoko sa loob.

"How did she end up like that? Um, I understand if you can't tell me—" Napatigil ako nang biglang ngumiti si Nigel.

"You can ask her about that. She'll gladly tell her story."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Habang hinihintay naming bumalik si Kiyoko ay naging interested naman si Cliff sa ginagawa ni Nigel at pumunta naman si Jett sa gilid kung saan nakadisplay ang iba't ibang klase ng baril at iba pang armas.

"Wow. You gained access to that site," sabi ni Cliff at pagtingin ko ay naka-display sa main computer ang site na ang pangalan ay Death Index. Names of people, their current whereabouts and description were listed.

"What's that?" tanong ko.

"This is one of their ways to communicate with each other," sagot naman ni Nigel. "The inner members write the name of the people that the organization wants to eliminate and any Black can kill those included in the list. They will receive bounties for their respective kills and it will help them reach the inner circles."

"Looks like a lot of Erityians are on the list," sabi ni Jett na ngayon ay nakatingin na rin sa screen.

I scanned the names displayed on the screen and saw some familiar ones and I have to admire their guts to include those four names.

Priam the "Destroyer"

Ice Queen

Death Goddess

Hideo the "God's Vision"

They really knew the Erityians well because the four rulers were listed. Their aliases in the black market or underground society were considered as rumors or myths because they don't usually show themselves to the people, but still, hearing those names could make anyone terrified.