Lights

Hazel's POV

My eyes flutter open, and I have to squint instantly.

It takes me a few seconds to process that a trail of bright energy rushing over our heads.

Shadows will illuminate the darkest day

Nico sacrificed himself so that he could help complete the prophecy. (Oops?)

He'll never find out if his sister is okay.

I look over to the other members of the group, but they're still unconscious.

I shake them awake, and point out the trail.

"Let's go"

We travel along a path that the light trail was above.

*time skip*

We weave through the jungle on the island, following the illuminated path.

"How much longer is this going to take?" Ron complained.

I shoot him a death glare, and he shuts up.

Harry's POV

I still think he's a Death Eater.

"He probably faked his death, and is reporting to Voldemort about what we're doing." I say, turning to Hermione.

Hermione turns to me, and gives me a look of disgust. "Harry Potter, he just died. Give him a break, and just shut up."

I roll my eyes as she runs ahead of the group.

*time skip*

We come to clearing in the trees, where the light stops, and there are about four different forks in the road.

Great.

Percy's POV

"Well now where do we go?" I say, spinning around in circles.

"Well, I guess we could split up" Jason speaks up. "People can go down different paths."

Frank steps up. "Okay, Hazel and Jason with me, Leo and Harry down there, Ron and Hermione go down there, Percy, and Piper" he pauses. He then points us down a different path. "That one. We'll meet here in a few hours."

Piper and I trudge along the dirt path.

"Gods, I hate this quest" Piper mumbles. "I mean, we've literally lost three people for a quest that was supposed to be small."

"What can you do?" I say. "Prophecies are prophecies."

Leo's POV

I walk alongside Harry the-absolute-idiot Potter.

We continue along our path, but then he speaks up. "There's obviously nothing here."

I glare at him. "Where's your evidence? It's been literally ten minutes." I point a finger at him. "You need to shut up."

Harry squints at me, probably attempting to look "cool." Honestly, he looks more like the pile of scrap metal I have back at camp.

*time skip*

We come back to our meeting spot after 3 hours of walking.

Jason looks around. "So did anyone find anything?"

One by one, everyone shakes their head.

"Well, let's just call this a day. We'll keep looking lat—say, have any of you seen Harry?" Jason asks.

How did that idiot get lost again?

Harry's POV

Where am I?

I gasp as a stinging pain tingles in my forehead.

"Well, well, well..." a shrill voice pierces the cold air. "Harry Potter"

I gasp in pain as I wheeze out a name.

"Voldemort"

"Oh, he remembers my name. How flattering, Potter."

I can feel my face heat up with anger.

"Say, when are your fellow peasants coming? I've got quite a surprise for them."

"Don't call my friends that" I say.

He turns to face me.

"Oh, did you think I was talking about your filthy friends?" he pauses. "Oh no, I was talking about the half-bloods."

I turn around.

"What do you mean?"

"That's for me to know, and for you to find out."

I feel a gust of wind as I am knocked to the ground, and I black out.

oh gosh...I'm cringing. well, I'll have more time to edit once I actually finish the story. so, we only have basically one line of the prophecy left, so.....you wait for that surprise. *wiggles eyebrows*