5

JENNA'S POV:

We must have both dozed off. I woke up first. Again, I had to get over the initial confusion of where I was, and then go through the startling realization of where I was, and then the relief when I turned my head over to see Harry, breathing and fine.

He must have finally wiped the blood from his mouth, because there was a blood smear on the sheet.

That's all we HAD was a sheet. One single, thin sheet. No pillow. One mattress on the floor. One light in the corner of the ceiling. And the three articles of clothing between us both, on our backs.

Surely someone would notice we're missing by now, right? Didn't that man say we slept for days? Three days, right?

More and more as I layed there, the startling revelation hit me, of the dire straits of our situation.

Like...we were REALLY here. This was REALLY happening. Would we be tortured, then finally killed? Should we even TRY to survive? I'd hate to be tortured, only to die in the end anyway. Should we just give in and make it as easy as possible and hope they kill us quickly?

No.

We have to try and survive. I can't say anything like that to Harry. He HAS to live. I can't do this without him.

Even though I don't even KNOW him.

Oh, and (the harsh realization just hit me about this, too...) I totally acted like a jerk to this strange man I don't even know, also.

Life is good, I thought sarcastically.

I got up to walk around. Was this really all there was to do from now on? Lay in a bed all day? We'll turn into fat lumpy blobs. We'll lose all our muscles and tone....

I walked around and inspected each and every spot on the walls. In the corners. On the ceiling. The creases around the door. I even tried the door handle, just in case.

There was truly NO way out. The walls were all brick. Painted white. We couldn't even punch our way through wallboard. We were simply trapped. Just sitting here, waiting for the bad men to come in and do...whatever they want, I guess, was what they meant by "fun".

I shuddered. A deep, bone rattling shudder. It actually hurt, my muscles were so tight as I shook.

I gave up and started walking back to the bed. Harry had rolled over towards me.

And dripping out of his mouth, was blood. Thick, slow blood.

I gasped and ran over to him. I shook him. He woke up. Oh thank God.

He looked suprised. "Harry...you're bleeding somewhere....it's dripping..." I held my hand under his mouth. He reached up and touched his mouth. Inspected his hand and sat up.

He took the sheet and wiped all around his lips. When he got it all cleaned off, he swallowed sharply.

"I taste it...it's not from the outside.", he said when he looked at me.

"Do you hurt anywhere?" I asked.

"My stomach still hurts. It hurt when I sat up." he said. "Maybe from being punched in the gut..."

I immediately stood up and raced to the door and started banging on it as hard as I could.

I started yelling help, and just kept banging.

After about a minute, a man slid the door opened. It wasn't Vince. Or "Sir". This must be Marcus.

I looked past him and wondered what my chances were if I ducked past him and ran.