Chapter 3

Wade stared up at the ceiling, laying on a gurney. He was being pushed to the first room, where they began treatment.

The gurney came to a harsh stop, and Ajax walked in with a lady with black hair and a match in her mouth.

Wade felt a slight breeze from the other direction, and he looked. He saw nothing. He turned his attention to the two people.

"This is going to hurt. The worst pain you have ever felt in your life. But, that's how the mutations get activated. A necessary evil."

Wade gave a quiet sigh. "Pain is better than death."

Ajax smirked. "You might change your mind about that. Angel, will you hand me syringe A, and an alcohol wipe?"

The lady nodded, and picked the supplies needed.

Ajax wiped Wade's arm, and stuck him with the needle. He attached the IV drip, and walked out. The attendant rushed in and pushed Wade back to his separated cot. He helped Wade sit, and lie down.

Wade stared at the ceiling, wondering if he made a mistake. After deciding this was a mistake, he looked around, to see if there was an exit he could escape to. The curtain surrounding his area moved to the side, fluttering as though a wind passed through. He looked at the small table next to his cot, and saw only a glass of water and a small bowl for pills. The water had ripples across the surface, even though there was no wind inside. He wondered about it, and slowly fell asleep because of the drugs he was given.