Chapter 30

"I look the same? I must have done something wrong."

Andy pouted a bit, trying to think through her process.

Wade looked confused.

"Okay, what were you going for?"

She frowned.

"I tried to use your ideas to change what you saw, but maybe I can't do that."

He looked at her, thinking. He nodded slowly.

"I don't really understand, what you were trying to do?"

She scratched the back of her neck, and looked at him.

"Well, I was trying to change my appearance based on your idea of beauty. But I did something wrong, because I looked the same to you."

Wade understood. He got nervous, shifting on the couch.

"I think I'm going to go take a shower. Can I borrow some clothes?"

He nodded, and she got off the couch and walked to the bedroom.

He thought to himself, don't worry, she won't look in his sock drawer. He sat nervously, waiting for the shower to start running.

Andy pulled a smaller shirt from the second drawer and a pair of jeans she had bought. She walked to the bathroom and got ready to take a shower. She started the water.

Wade sighed in relief, and got up. He rearranged his socks and sat back on the couch before she came back. He flipped channels on the TV, landing on a romantic comedy. He was sort of fascinated by it, watching the interactions between the main couple. Was that how he should act? He didn't know. He seemed to be doing okay on his own. But should he try to be like that? Funny, flirty, and cheesy? He really didn't know.