Chapter 26

The tall man cracked his knuckles menacingly and hurled himself into the ring. He stood in one corner, staring down at Deadpool.

The ring leader bellowed, "Begin!"

Deadpool began dancing around the ring, holding up his fists. The man, known as the Golem, swung at Wade. Deadpool ducked easily, and the Golem threw another punch. This one laded squarely on Wade's jaw, making a very audible cracking noise.

Andy put her hands on her cheeks and gasped, pushing closer to the front.

Wade pushed his jaw back into place, his bone healing quickly. He jumped up and kicked at the Golem's face, hitting him multiple times before landing  on his feet. Golem kicked Deadpool down so he was on his belly, then brought down his foot on the center of Wade's back, cracking his spine. Golem smirked, and spat on him, then turned to leave the ring.

Lady Deadpool jumped into the ring, and dragged Wade out and to an empty spot on the floor, away from the chaos of the ring. She left him  there, and stopped the Golem before he could leave.

"Wait. I challenge you."

He chuckled at her, and shook his head.

"You won't last a minute, little lady."

"Fine. I will make you a bet. If I last longer than a minute, I win all of your earnings for tonight."

He folded his arms.

"If you lose, you lose your life."

Deadpool looked up, listening. His back wasn't healed yet, it would take a few more minutes. he cursed, mad he couldn't stand up and stop her.

She nodded.

"Fair. Now, ready to be taken down a few notches?"

She stood in the corner opposite the Golem.

He spat, and nodded.

"Let's get this over with."

He barreled towards her, and she propelled herself over him, using his knee as a launching pad. She rolled, landing behind him. Before he could turn around, she made him see multiple of her. He stared, unable to decide which was the real Lady Deadpool. He lunged at a figure towards his right side, and fell flat on his face. The audience only saw the one Lady Deadpool, so it seemed like the Golem just missed her. She pulled her foot back, and kicked his head with full force, using an announcer voice, she yelled, "And that is a goal for L. Deadpool, and what a shot that was."

She lifted her arms in victory, then stood on his back, stomping on him.

"That's for Deadpool, you asshat. How dare you treat my friend so shamefully!"

She jumped as high as she could, and landed with full force on the back of his head, smashing his face into the ground. Golem growled, and grabbed her ankle and jerked it, making her fall onto her back. She gasped as sharp pain shot up her back from her tailbone, and scooted away from the towering Golem who walked towards her with an ugly grin on his face. She panicked, and went invisible to everyone in the room. she crawled around him, stood behind him, and reappeared. She grabbed his shirt, jumping onto his back. She had her arms wrapped around his neck when the ring leader yelled that the minute was up.

Golem flung her off his back and she hit the wall, sliding to the floor near where Wade was laying. She got up, ignoring the searing pain, and walked to the Golem.

"I believe you owe me my winnings," she said right before collapsing to the ground.