Chapter 22

It was the next morning, after the awkward talk. Wade fell off the couch, and stood up, suddenly alert. He glanced at the clock, and saw it was only nine. He silently cursed for getting up so early. He looked at the bedroom door, which was slightly ajar. He assumed that Andrea was already awake, and had gone out. He walked to the door and pushed it open, and stood in shock in the doorway.

On the bed was Andrea, sleeping peacefully.

His jaw fell open as he looked at the details on her face. Her hair circled her hair like a golden halo, her large eyes closed and framed by thick lashes. Her mouth was slightly parted, allowing soft breathes to escape. He stared for what seemed like forever, when she woke up.

Her eyes opened slowly, and saw Wade in the doorway. She immediately turned invisible, and pulled the blanket over herself.

"Wade! How'd you- the door was locked! I told you I need privacy-"

He gulped.

"The door was open, and I assumed you had gone somewhere, and I'm sorry, and I really don't know why you hide what you look like. You are beautiful, I mean, especially compared to me, which isn't that hard, but still-"

Wade rambled awkwardly, and Andrea slowly let the covers fall.

"The door was... open? How long have you been standing there?"

He scratched his neck.

"Yes. Um... a few minutes."

She sighed and put her face in her hands.

"Close the door. With you on the other side. I need some time."